Undefined Territory. 2/5

Park Chaeyoung has one rule in particular when it came to men.

Never date an idol.

She had her fair share of relationships with athletes, ceos and even with some relatives of well-known politicians, but her rule had always been simple—never mix pleasure with work. But her rule came with great consequence, it seemed as though the men she date could never truly satisfy what she needed, and neither could she. She dated men of power, who needed women who could put them as a priority amid their schedules but she was just as busy, and had no intention of giving it to them. All the men she'd dated seemed to desire a sense of commitment, whereas she craved a sense of convenience (hence why she was more attracted to busy people in the first place, thinking they'd be low maintenance).

But lately, Jeon Jungkook had been in her peripheral. Park Chaeyoung pays no attention when it comes to male idols, but her older sister kept sending her fancams of the pair, asking whether the "ship" (if that's what you call it) was real. She couldn't help but go back to her room after certain events, and slowly, she was beginning to wonder whether his eyes really were on her too. But event after event, outside of the limelight, he'd keep his distance and perhaps, that's here a sense of doubt began to emerge against her throat and she decided not to think too much.

Beside, he was so far from her type.

He oozed of an energy of innocence off stage, as though he were almost scared to be around women. Jeon Jungkook seemed too pure for her.

At least, that's what she'd thought.

New Years Eve came and honestly, Park Chaeyoung was not really in the mood. Her recent fling had confessed his dying love for her and it put her in an awkward position indeed, made even worse by the fact that she had dinner with her family who kept asking her about when she was going to take a break from work. Not to mention that there was so much traffic and honestly, moments like these made her wish she could live in the middle of the desert or jungle or something. Honestly— a part of her simply wanted to just go to her dorm and sleep.

But her girls wouldn't allow that. Throughout the night, the group chat kept getting spammed, reminding her of the address and the fact that everyone was at the Bangtan Boys penthouse. She knew she'd have her head chopped off if she didn't at least make an appearance.

Then she saw him.

Something in her head made her want to mess with him a little, perhaps she'll blame it on the three glasses of wine that she had with her family a couple of hours ago.

Barely a second passed since she'd rung the doorbell and she was instantly there—merely a meter at most in front of her. His embrace felt warm and he smelled so fresh, despite being surrounded by alcohol.

It was the first time she'd been so close to him, aside from award shows with horrible lighting when they'd bow at each other out of respect, finally noticing that even against his perfectly milky skin that there were pigments of black link across his fingertips.

Perhaps, he wasn't so innocent after all.

When she could hear the sound of the countdown from afar, it almost felt like instinct to wrap her arms around his neck and kiss him. It's a tradition, right? But that kiss—unexpectedly sent her to places she never been and her body had a mind of its own, moving as though it were some sort of natural instinct to be one with his.

Park Chaeyoung wakes up in the middle of the night to the warmth of his bare skin against hers and like a phantom of sorts, she flees in the still silence.

But even then, remnants of their night in the form of bruises against her neck and chest was marked on her skin.

Park Chaeyoung reminds herself, like a mantra of sorts.

I don't do relationships.

-

Jeon Jungkook admits that it was certainly the best sleep of his life but when he wakes up, there's a sense of deliriousness in his head.

Had it all been a dream?

He frowns to see that it was a little past noon and aside from himself, the bed was empty. But as he folds his blanket, he sees strands of golden blonde hair against the white bed sheets.

Before he could even think he can hear the door knock and he quickly jogs to the other side of the bed, reaching for his boxers which had been thrown over in last nights rendezvous.

"A minute," he calls out, putting on a shirt and throwing last night's attire in the laundry basket before he opens the door seeing Park Jimin with a smug smile across his face, "... why the fuck are you smiling like that?"

The older man analyses him from head to toe, before pointing at the dark purple bruise across his neck before yelling, loud enough for the other boys to hear, ".... Jungkook got laid!"

Oh no.

He gives a stern glare but it's too late, walking to the living room to see the other men with their eyes wide open in shock.

Jeon Jungkook considers retreating back to his room, only that he's stopped by Kim Namjoon who firmly holds onto his shoulder.

"Sit down and eat," he demands, and he knows there's no negotiating when the leader uses that tone, "... and explain yourself."

"I was going to ask where he was for count down but I guess he had better things to do," Kim Seokjin commented, causing for the others to erupt in laughter.

"Better people, it seems," Park Jimin adds on.

-

Their arrangement became an unspoken dialogue between the pair and honestly, it was somewhat frustrating for him. He'd often text her and make small talk, but she'd only reply with the bare minimum (if at all). Sometimes she'd simply send a "Are you free?" once or twice in a week and when he replied fast enough, she'd send the address to a hotel and a room number.

Jeon Jungkook hates it.

He hates how much he always gives in and more so, the fact that after the big high he'd get after bedding with her (which was really—amazing, he admits) he'd just feel bad afterwards when she'd turn her to her side of the bed to sleep (if he were lucky, most times she'd leave the hotel keys on the table and leave).

One night, as she begins dressing herself he can't help but move his body a little, sitting against the headboard.

"Why don't you stay for breakfast or something?"

He watches as she looks at him, almost perplexed at the suggestion as she stopped zipping up her jeans.

"Jungkook," her voice is soft and it's honestly the first time she'd spoken his name outside her screams amid her orgasms, "... I think it's better like this, don't you? We both get what we want."

Jeon Jungkook feels as though he'd been played