Fave Love. 2/10

[Hi Jungkook. I'm sorry, I'm running a little late.]

A little?

Jeon Jungkook is not a patient man and waiting is not something that he's particularly used to. He sits in the restaurant, with his red wine being refilled for the third time and he figures he will just leave if she's not here in the next ten minutes. An hour had passed since their original plan, and she hadn't messaged him in half an hour. Just as he was about to ask for the bill, he sees her running in with a slight sheen of sweat across her forehead wearing a plain white shirt and denim jeans, holding a folder of files in her hand.

"Jungkook!" She calls out, seemingly ignoring the stares and confusion from the waitresses in the area, "... I'm sorry, my phone died and I couldn't find the restaurant, my classes went overtime."

"Chaeyoung, relax," his voice is unusually soft as he quickly calls for the waiter and asks for mineral water, "... you don't need to run."

"I'm very late, I'm so sorry," she apologies as she catches her breath before looking around, "... why didn't you tell me we'd be meeting at such a fancy place? I'm so underdressed I'm sorry I didn't know."

"You don't need to apologise so much Chaeyoung, relax, no one's going to bite you. Are you hungry?" He questions, handing her a menu as the waiter comes back with her drink.

She quickly gulps half of it in one go, and somehow, he finds it somewhat endearing. He watches as she scans the menu, obviously shocked at the prices and if he were to guess, she'd probably choose something from the menu that wasn't too expensive.

"I think I'll just have the salad, I'm not too hungry," she finally decides.

Bingo.

But he doesn't necessarily hate it, in fact, it makes him so sure that she has to be the one that'll make his ex jealous.

"The steak is good, it's strange to eat salad only at a steakhouse, Chaeyoung," he tells her, "... get the steak."

She seems hesitate, he notices but eventually nods.

He orders for the two, and asks her what she'd like to drink.

"The water is fine, I don't drink alcohol," she notifies him.

"You don't drink?" He questions, raising a brow, "... but you work in a nightclub."

She shrugs it off, giggling, "... a bit unusual of a combination, right?"

Perhaps, that was what appealed to him most about her from the beginning. How much things did not make sense. She was dressed relatively modestly, hair tied up and simply oozed of an energy of innocence. Almost angellike. And that was what made her the perfect candidate to be his fake girlfriend—she was so different to the other girls he'd dated.

"You said you had class, are you still studying? How old are you?" He asks her, which is very unlike him, to willingly carry a conversation.

"Am I being interrogated? Why do I feel nervous..." She jokes a slight pout on her lips, "... I'm 22 and I'm in my final year of law in SNU. Yourself?"

"Oh," he seems somewhat surprised, "... I just graduated last year, business in SNU also. I'm working for my fathers business right now."

He sees the way her expression somewhat drops.

Was it disappointment.

He clears his throat, "... so anyway, your terms and conditions? Don't tell me that stack of documents is our contract."