Only Pretend. 2/9

Park Chaeyoung believes that the pair co-exist well.

Sometimes it makes her think about her relationship with her ex, and the number of times they'd constantly fight when they had weekend trips either alone or with friends. He made her feel as though she were difficult to live with.

Although she knows the situation is contrastingly different—firstly, they had separate rooms and hence, privacy and space.

Secondly, Jeon Jungkook hired help—a part time chef, security and a cleaner that would come twice a week.

But thirdly, Jeon Jungkook was a distinctively different man from Kim Taehyung.

Kim Taehyung had an overwhelming presence that commanded the room, a smile and laugh that would turn heads alone. Jeon Jungkook was more introverted, she'd realised—but sometimes, when she was lucky, she'd get a glimpse into the occasion smile across his face that seemed like an art of its own. Kim Taehyung was so much like her—passionate about fashion, ambitious and social. Jeon Jungkook seemed like a low-profile type of guy, and in the two months that they were "married," she'd only seen him wearing black, white and some shades of grey.

That was the thing about their relationship—whenever she'd walk with him, she'd walk in insecurity, knowing about how he turned heads everywhere he went. She felt out of place—like a hand-bag that didn't match an outfit.

Park Chaeyoung and Kim Taehyung met when they were 16 in high school, and with him attending the same fashion school as her for university, and eventually becoming one of the leading models of the industry, it's only expected that the pair would've drifted apart.

Inside, she knew her love with him wouldn't last, but that didn't stop her from holding on till the very end.

"Chaeyoung, are you okay?"

Jeon Jungkooks deep voice pulls her from her mindless thoughts, and it takes a few moments for her to be aware of her surroundings. She had fallen asleep on the dining room table, with some editorials in her hands. There was a deadline approaching, so she had no choice but to bring a lot of work home.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep," she covers her mouth with a hand as she yawns before tidying up the various fabrics, papers and magazines on the table, "... have you eaten?"

She turns to see that the clock at 8pm.

He shakes his head, "... I asked the chef to go home early, because I saw you were sleeping and didn't want his cooking to wake you up. You must be tired."

"A bit," she sheepishly smiles, feeling a little embarrassed, "... I'm doing my first fashion editorial for next months issue, it's the first time I'll be doing one solo so I just want everything to be perfect."

Her eyes carefully watch as he puts down his black backpack as takes a seat on the table across from her, "... is there any way that I can help?"

She giggles, "... no, I'm almost done. Everything is already set."

"I'm sorry to ask, but—what is it that you do again? I should've asked earlier, but I felt a little stupid for asking so late into our "marriage," and that's why I've delayed it for so long," he explains.

"I'm an assistant fashion designer, but my lead designer works closely with a few magazines and runways so we often get opportunities like this," she responds, "... I'm sure it's nothing for you though, since you have a certain style, don't you think?"

He chuckles, "... are you saying you don't like my style?"

There's something about the way his eyes stare at her that makes her feel a certain way—a mix of emotions she can't quite put her eyes on.