Chapter~Six

I've always hated the doctors office. Plain and simple. They're so cold and dreary, reminds me of death. Weird comparison, I know.

The only reason I bring this up is because that's where I am right now. I drove here right after I left Chris heartbroken. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating. Anyway, I didn't want to go to any clinic in Nashville, so I drove all the way to Murray. I can't have my parents finding out about this doctors appointment before I know what's happening myself.

The nurse that brought me in here left a little over a minute ago. She had said that the doctor would be in shortly. I don't see the difference between a doctor and nurse though. I mean their both working at a doctors office, right?

I hear a knock on the door and in comes the doctor, that will be doing the ultra sound.

"Hello, miss Jameson, how are you doing today?" The old doctor asks. She has white curly hair on top of her head, and wrinkles around her eyes when she smiles. She's very boney looking, really fragile. Why do they always ask how your doing? I doubt they even care.

"I'm doing good, how are you?" I ask, I answered with a lie. I'm anything but good at this point. I'm nervous and feel as though I could faint or hurl any second. So not good.

"I'm grand," grand? "So you're only doing the ultrasound today, correct?"

"Yes."

"Have you taken a pregnancy test?" No shit sherlock, I'm only here because I'm too lazy to get a fucking pregnancy test.

"I did," I answer.

"What did it say?" Okay, lady, I wouldn't be here if it didn't tell me I was, freak.

"It said positive," I tell her, getting a little annoyed.

"Okay then, I will be performing the ultrasound on you today. It will basically tell me if your for sure pregnant or not," She explains to me while rubbing hand sanitizer on her hands then putting on latex gloves. Don't want to get the gloves dirty now do we?

"Got it," she then instructs me to roll up my shirt above my stomach and lay down on the cushioned bed. The doctor then puts this really cold, clear, slimy gel on my stomach and begins to hook up a telescope of some sort.

"Okay," she mumbles, she types a few things on to the monitor and moves the telescope around on my stomach.

While she's trying to find whatever it is she's trying to find, I let my eyes wander around the room. There's pictures of the stages of pregnancy. Like, for example, the first one is when your barely showing, then the next one is when your showing, visibly, that is. I look down at my stomach and now I notice a small bump, my eyes sting from tears, it's true then. I'm pregnant. My once perfectly flat stomach, has a small bump now.

"Ahh, there he is," she smiles at the screen. Wait, it's a boy? "See right there?" She uses her pointer finger to point to what looks like a fish. I have a fish swimming around in my stomach?!

"It looks like a fish," I tell her.

"Yes, the fetus is barely developed. It'll take a while longer for it to grow more features," she tells me and goes back to typing on the monitor.

"How far along am I, exactly?" I ask. It hasn't really crossed my mind before. Though, looking down at my stomach, at the small bump, I wonder how long I've been pregnant.

"Seems about two months," she tells me with a small smile on her face. My eyes widen and I look down at my small bump.

"Oh," I choke out. Seconds later the doctor hands me a paper towel to wipe the gel off and I pull down my shirt.

"Do you want to keep this confidential or..." She trails off.

"Yes, I would like to keep it confidential. I don't have insurance, so I'm paying in cash," I explain to her. She nods her head and begins to write something down on a clip board. I always thought that the doctors would do exactly what I did with the test. Have me pee in a cup, I guess though that I told her I already tested that she just did the ultra sound.

"I notice your only sixteen, correct?" The doctor asks.

"Yes."

"There's always adoption, you know?"

"Yeah, I guess," I shrug my shoulders. She smiles sympathetically at me, I walk out of the room to pay for the appointment. I need to make sure my parents don't find out about this.

Driving home, was both long and agonizing. I was left with my thoughts and it wasn't pleasant. I can't believe I'm actually pregnant. It has to be a dream, how could fate do this to me?

I know for a fact that driving while crying isn't safe. Tears blur my vision and run down my cheeks. I'm two months pregnant and I didn't even know. What are my parents going to say? Are they going to disown me? Maybe I can keep it a secret. Who am I kidding? I can't just keep something like this a secret. Stupid, stupid Caira.

Pulling into my driveway I notice Chris' car there. Perfect timing Chris, perfect timing. I hurriedly wipe the tears off my cheeks and grab my bag, getting out of my car and walking up to my house.

My parents and Chris along with my two brothers are in the living room looking worried and scared. The door closes behind me and they turn their heads to my direction, running towards me.

"Caira?! We're have you been?" My mom rushes up to me, throwing her arms around my shoulders.

"Out," I shrug and try to walk away, but my dads voice stops me.

"Don't you dare walk away, young lady. You can't just be out all day, not telling us where you were and expect to not give us an explanation," dad growls at me. I really don't have time for this. All I want to do is go up to my room and sulk, is that to much to ask?

"Sorry, I was with Kinley," I tell them, trying my hardest to look like I'm telling the truth.

"Why didn't you just say that? Chris here has been worried sick, so have we," mom gestures to my brothers and dad.

"I'm sure he was," I mumble.

"What was that?" My dad raises his voice.

"Scott," mom warns.

"I said, I'm sure he was," I say loud and clear.

"Don't back sass me, Caira Marie," dad states sternly.

"Sorry," I mumble, "I have homework to do, I'm going to my room."

"Aren't you going to invite Chris with you?" Mom questions, looking confused. I turn my head in Chris' direction. His hands are stuffed in his pants pockets, his green eyes boring into mine.

"No."
________________

Really sorry for the long wait. It won't be this long next time. I was on vacation so that's why. It's not that long of a chapter and sorry for any mistakes in advance. I've never had a baby before. So I wouldn't know how it works! xD

Hope you like the chapter and book so far. Please vote and give me feed back, it'll mean a lot.

Enjoy.

Like and comment :)