Chapter~Sixteen

I just got things back on track with Chris and now I have Kinley and Jessica to deal with. Even though Chris and I are working things out that doesn't mean that I'm not mad at my two best friends for betraying me. I put my trust in them and they go and hang out with Chris right after. Talk about true friends. Note the sarcasm.

"Caira! Thank god, we need to talk." Kinley exasperatingly says. Her eyes move to Chris who is standing right next to me and her mouth falls open. "You're friends again?"

"Yeah, I guess," I shrug. I really don't want to be talking to them right now I have to much on my plate to just sit hear and listen to them spout excuses.

"So what, you're going to forgive him after everything he put you through and you won't even give us the time of day?" Kinley waves her hands in the air. Now that she says it out loud, it does sound pretty unfair. What am I supposed to say? I feel as if what Kinley and Jessica did was worse, they betrayed my trust.

"It's not like that," I say through my teeth. My anger is threatening to spill over the edge. I'm fighting back so I don't do anything I'll regret.

"Oh," she scoffs. "Then what is it like?"

"You really want to know, princess?" I sneer. I don't know why I'm being so harsh to her when she was always there for me. The thing is my hormones are running wild and I seem to have no control over them.

"Yes! Yes I want to know!" She yells and a couple heads turn to look at us. I realize that school isn't a safe place to be speaking about this.

"I will tell you, but not here." With that I turn to walk away. Chris follows me and after a'1while he grabs my hand turning me to face him.

"What was that about?" He asks with eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm just angry. My hormones are all over the place and I just lost it." I try to make sense of it myself. I've never spoke to my friends like that before.

"When are you going to talk to them?" Chris asks and I shrug. I'll have to do it sometime after school. They deserve to know why I forgave Chris so easily. I know they know I've had a crush on him for a while, but I'm not sure if they know how deep it goes.

"I'll have to do it after school or something. Can we not talk about that right now, though? I just need to get to class."

"Fine, but you're going to tell me when you want to talk to them and I'll be there." He goes back to being protective Chris again. I smile up at him even though I'm not in a happy mood at the moment.

"Yeah, yeah. Now let's get to class."

•••

When lunch rolls around I'm starving, I'm eating for two now and my food intake has been very large. I just hope people can't tell that my tummy has gotten bigger. Oversized sweatshirts can only do so much.

I wait in the lunch line for what seems like forever before I actually get to pick out my food. I grab a salad, two pieces of pizza, and a bread stick with a Life Water. I pay for my meal before going to sit at an empty lunch table. Chris is probably going to sit with Tiffany while Kinley and Jessica will probably be sitting at our normal lunch table.

I pick up my pizza and my mouth starts to water. I bring it closer to my mouth when I hear yelling. I drop my pizza, startled and look up to see what the commotion is.

"Your breaking up with me?!" Tiffany screeches. Oh no, not right now. You always have perfect timing, Chris. What the hell is wrong with him? I want to eat my meal and not listen to Tiffany screech about being dumped.

"Tiffany, calm down. I just don't think we're good for each other," he tells her calmly. His eyes drift over to me and Tiffany turns around to see what he's staring at. Her face twists in anger as she comes marching over to me. Shit's about to go down.