Chapter~Seventeen

Time to talk, when and where?

I read over the message again. I'm still debating with myself on whether I should talk to them or not.

I mean, what they did wasn't okay and they don't really deserve to know any of my business. If they really want to know why I forgave Chris and I won't even give them the time of day, then so be it.

"Can you drop me off at the park?" I don't want Chris to come, just because I will feel slightly less nervous without his watchful gaze on me.

"For what?" He asks and we start walking out of McDonalds and to his car.

"I'm going to talk to Kinley and Jessica," I tell him.

"I want to come."

"I think I need to do this alone," I try to rationalize with him.

"What if something happens and I'm not there." He turns the key into the ignition and starts to back out of the parking spot.

I take in his words and analyze them. What would happen? Kinley and Jessica would never hurt me physically, would they? I guess it's a possibility, but I highly doubt that would happen. Kinley and Jessica are two of the nicest people I've met, I don't think they could even bump into someone without feeling guilty.

"Nothing's going to happen. So will you take me, please?" I already texted Kinley back telling her to meet me at the park, so if I don't show up, it'll actually be pretty funny, but the better side of me wins the battle.

"Caira," Chris whines, actually whines.

"Chris," I mock.

"You know what, fine, under one condition," he glances at me for a split second before focusing on the road again.

"And what's that?" I smirk.

"You have to promise to call me if anything goes wrong, I'm not kidding." Well, that's not as exciting as I thought it was going to be.

"Okay, deal," I smile at him and dread fills my stomach when we start nearing the park.

"I mean it, Caira," Chris turns to face me once we park.

"I know. And I'll be fine," I giggle at his overprotectiveness.

"I'm not just worrying about you anymore you know," he sighs with frustration. I can tell he's having a hard time expecting it all.

"Chris, don't worry, we'll be fine," I smile a reassuring smile at him and he attempts to send one back.

I open the car door and start to walk over towards the bench where I see two heads.

"You actually showed up," Kinley sneers.

"Would you rather I stand you up?" I glare at her. If her attitude is only going to get worse than I should've never agreed.

"No! We want answers," Jessica speaks up and glares at Kinley.

"Okay," I agree and sit on the bench across from the girls, placing my elbows on the surface. "What do you want to know first?"

"What happened? How did you guys make up?" Jessica asks, obviously not wanting Kinley to ruin their chances of getting information out of me.

"After I left the mall he came to my house. We started talking about everything that happened and I told him I wasn't lying when I told him I was pregnant. I think he finally came to terms with himself that I wouldn't make something like this up," I tell them lazily. I really don't want to be here. I'd rather be getting all the homework and appointment scheduling that I need to get done.

"So what, you two are best friends again?" Kinley asks, stunned.

"We're working on our friendship together, I don't think it's ever going to be like it use to, but we're still trying."

"So why'd you forgive him so easily is the real question. What makes him so different from us?" Kinley questions, starting to get mad again.

I sigh. "Because, we're having a baby together. I need him to be here for me. And he didn't betray me like you guys did. He didn't go behind my back and hang out with someone that I despised at the moment."

"Yeah, but we didn't date another girl without telling you, we didn't call you a liar when you told us you were pregnant, we didn't drop you when we realized something else!" Kinley yells across the table.

I didn't think about it that way. I guess in a way Chris caused more damage to me, but I love him and you do things for the people you love. I won't tell them why I forgave him so easily, initially, because than they'll think I'm even more unfair.

"You don't have to accept it, but you need to know that nothing you say will change my mind. Whether I want him to be in my life or not, I need him to help me with the baby," I tell them, getting up from the bench and walking away.

If they want to still be in my life, they can think about what I said and give me an answer then. I'm not going to beg them to be there for me because I don't need them to be. It would be nice to have their support, unfortunately, if they don't want to they don't have to.

•••

The walk back to my house isn't long, only about a block or two.

I remind myself when I get in my room to call and make an appointment for an ultrasound and an overall checkup on the baby.

When I walk up to my house, the driveway is empty of cars, showing my parents are at work and Jared is somewhere.

The house is as empty as the driveway. I don't know where my brothers are, but now I have more privacy for the phone call I'm about to make.

I go to the saved phone number in my contacts and click the call button.

Two minutes later I have an appointment on Friday for three o'clock in the afternoon. That took a huge weight off of my chest.

All I want to do is sleep all the time now, I know it's because of the hormones and the weird events of today.

I turn on the faucet in the bathtub and make sure the water is scolding hot as it fills up the tub.

I strip off my clothes that I've been dying to take off all day and pull my hair into a bun.

The water is definitely boiling hot as I place the tip of my foot in. It's almost like a hot tub. The hot water immediately relaxes my tense muscles that have been through hell today.

My feet are sore and swollen from walking around on them all day, and the water soothes the ache almost immediately.

I close my eyes and lean my head against the dip in the tub.

I hope that all nine months won't be this hard. With the drama and soreness of feet, I don't know if I'll be able to handle it.

Who am I kidding, it'll be worse.
________________________
I'm sorry that it's a short chapter, but I've been super busy and I had to fit in this chapter before I head off to cheer.

Tell me what you think, is it boring? The next few chapters hopefully should be more fulfilling.

Don't be a silent reader!

Enjoy. Love you <3

Like and comment :)