Chapter~Fifteen

Being in Chris' arms right now feels just like I remember it being. I'm not exactly sure if Chris believes me, but I hope he does.

I've been through so much in the last two months that I hadn't realized how good it feels to be comforted by some one you love.

I'm not saying Chris loves me, more than a friend, but I love him. It's like when you have a crush on a boy and he looks at you, the feeling of your stomach doing tiny flips and your head beginning to spin. That's how I feel.

"Caira?" Chris whispers, I barely hear him.

"Hmm?" I hum, my tears have finally stopped and the only thing reminding me that I ever did cry is the feeling of my skin being dry.

"What are we going to do? How are we going to tell our parents? What about everybody at school?" I can hear the slight panic in his voice as he bombards me with questions. Questions that I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to answer and I came up with nothing.

I pull away from him and sit on the edge of my bed. "I don't know. My parents aren't going to be happy at all. I don't know what's going to happen."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asks, sitting next to me.

"You know why."

"If I knew why, I wouldn't be asking you, now would I?" He questions, a slight smile crosses his lips before it disappears.

"You had just gotten together with Tiffany when I found out. I was doing you a favor by not telling you," I sigh. I feel a headache about to start and I'm just hoping it doesn't go into a full blown migraine.

"A favor?" He asks skeptically. I don't blame him, it seems weird that when I'm the one pregnant, I could be ruining his relationship, but I didn't.

"Yeah, once I told you, you'd have so much responsibility. We will never get that back, our freedom, you know? I wanted you to enjoy a couple of weeks without having the weight of the world on your shoulders. I don't know," I shrug. "I just wanted to give you a chance to have a relationship before you're kind of tied down to me. I'd want the same thing."

"Why can't I have a relationship with Tiffany now?"

I snap my head to look at him, searching for any signs of humor. I don't see any.

"Well, I mean with me being pregnant and everything, I didn't know if she'd still want to be with you," I blush at my words. Those words were a lot more cruel than I intended them to be.

"I guess," he blows out a breath before covering his face with his hands.

We sit in a silence for a while and I think of how everything is going to go from here.

Chris finally believes me and hopefully supports me, now I just have to tell his parents and mine. Just thinking about it makes me break out in hives, I feel like I may throw up.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just thinking about how telling our parents is going to go," I tell him honestly. If this is going to work, than we'll have to be truthful with each other.

"We don't have to do it yet, let's wait."

"It's getting harder to cover everything up, Chris. We can't keep it from them forever," I say getting slightly angry. By no means do I want to tell my parents today, but it has to be soon. Who knows, maybe telling them will be better than keeping it in.

"I just found out today, Caira! I want to go one step at a time," he takes a deep breath to calm down. "Just let me soak it all in, that's all I'm asking."