Chapter~Forty

"Caira!" I keep walking. I feel hurt and embarrassed from him talking to girls right in front of my face. It was like I wasn't even there. "Caira, please stop."

"Just leave me alone," I tell him, my heart racing when I no longer hear his footsteps behind me. I shouldn't be hurt that he followed my directions, but at the same time I am.

How stupid is that? I tell him to leave me be, and then I get mad that he listens? Why?

•••

Surprisingly, my family decided we'd go out to dinner tonight. These things rarely happen so I was pretty excited for some greasy hamburgers that probably hold thousands of calories.

"I haven't been here in so long," I gush when we pull into the parking lot. This restaurant, Wheelers, has been apart of our town even before I was born. When I was little, before the younger siblings were born, we'd come here once a month.

I still remember what I would get; chicken tenders and fries. Believe me when I tell you that they have the best chicken tenders I have ever tasted in my life. Not only that, but the fries are to die for. No exaggeration needed.

"Yeah," Grayson says. "Why don't we come here anymore?"

My mom rolls her eyes, thanking my dad when he opens the door for her. "Because home cooked meals are better."

Grayson and Landon start laughing. I furrow my eyebrows in question, my mother following suit.

"What's so funny?" I ask, a headache coming on.

"Moms meals aren't better than going to restaurants." The two boys start laughing again and I roll my eyes, walking ahead of them to meet up with my dad.

He tells the receptionist how many people need to be seated and then she walks us over to a booth that will fit us all. On a brave toll, I slide into one side of the booth and my dad slides in next to me. This kind of surprises me due to the fact he's been distant ever since I've become pregnant.

I can tell he's disappointed in me, and I've learned to except it. Sooner or later he'll get over it. At least I hope. I have my mom and brothers - most of them - and my best friends who support me. Although, I would love for my dad to be by my side with this, I understand why he's not. It's not exactly an amazing surprise when your sixteen year old daughter becomes your pregnant before wedlock. On top of that, it was her best friend who completed the deed.

I definitely wouldn't be too stoked either.

"How are you feeling today, baby?" My mom asks once we've all seated.

My mom, I can't even explain how wonderful she's been through my pregnancy. I don't even know what I'd do if she wasn't with me because she's been such a huge help and support system. Some may say that she's my mother and she's supposed to support me, but that's not true. She chose to, and I'll never be able to thank her enough for it.

"I was feeling a bit nauseas this morning, my feet are swollen to the point that I can't even see my shoes," I chuckle slightly at that. "But I didn't have any morning sickness."

"That's good," she smiles. "Your due date is in what? Six weeks?"

"Five in a half," I look down at the table.

"Wow," my dad speaks. "That close, huh?"

I see my mother smiling at him from the corner of my eyes as I turn to face him.

"Yeah," I nod, smiling. "I know, it's gone by so fast."

"It has," he says. The waitress comes around and takes our order before leaving. "If you don't mind me asking, how is everything going with Chris?"