Chapter~Thirty Five

It's been a week since my worst morning sickness, and I can safely say I'm doing pretty good.

Schools been a bit of a killer. I can't seem to get through a day without my feet swelling to the point that it looks like I have Hippos at the end of my legs, but what can I expect? As far as my baby bump, it's gotten quite big, making it harder and harder for me to cover it up. I know that sooner or later the truth will come out to everybody at school. I think what I'm most worried about is my church finding out. My parents were hard, but not as hard as I think our Catholic family will be.

Then there's Brody. Our date is on Friday which I don't know where it will be. He made sure to inform me that this date is a complete surprise. It better be good for all this anxiety he's putting me through.

Mom seems pretty happy that I'm going out a little more even though she doesn't know who with or where. I guess it just gives her a sense of mind that I'm still not a complete downer.

This pregnancy has taken a lot out of me both emotionally and physically. Emotionally because I feel like I'm more emotional and snappy than I usually am which sucks. Physically, because I look even more fat than I was before and my feet, like I said, look like my own pet Hippo's! Talk about depressing, my once best friend won't even look at me.

I know, I know, I let him go. I made the choice to cut him out of my love life and go on the path towards Brody, but it's still kind of irritating. I've given him chances to be my friend when he's done me wrong, why can't he do that for me?

Either way, I try to brush it past myself when I see him talking to other girls and such. I don't know if it's jealousy because I like him romantically or jealousy for losing him as a friend. I can't determine that right now, so I tend to push it to the far spot of my mind.

After school today I let Kinley and Jessica talk me into going out for Starbucks and I agreed only because I found out that it is completely okay to drink coffee when pregnant and God knows I need it. I'm basically running on four hours of sleep.

"So," Kinley begins right when we take our seat in the warm coffee house. "How's everything going?"

I take a sip of my Caramel Frappuccino before speaking. "Good. I get a little achy when walking around all day, but the morning sickness hasn't gotten bad like that one time."

"That's good," they nod.

Noticing my cake pop, I bite into it gently, a moan of deliciousness leaving my lips.

"Someone hasn't gotten laid in a while, she's resorted to foodgasm," Jessica whispers not so subtly causing me to kick her shin. "Ow!"

"Never judge my foodgasms again or how long I've gone without being laid," I snootily respond.

She doesn't say anything after that, just sticks out her tongue and goes back to eating her pastries.

"What do you think about baby showers?" Kinley asks all of a sudden. I abruptly stop sipping on my drink and stare at her.

"Why are you asking?" I gurgle.

"Just a question," she looks down while stirring her macchiato.

"Um," I tuck a stray piece of hair behind my ear. "I don't have anything against them. I think it's a good way to get things necessary for a baby without having to pay all that money."

"I'm so glad you said-"

"But," I stop her. "I also think it's a party to celebrate having a baby."

"Exactly!" Jessica shouts.

Both Kinley and I look over at her with narrowed eyes and furrowed eyebrows before going back to the conversation.