Chapter~Twenty Five

The next morning I wake up at five, I have a sick feeling in my stomach so I run to the bathroom. Throwing up whatever it is that I have left in me, in the toilet.

I hack out whatever I can for about five minutes, leaning against the wall and close my eyes. A cold sweat has broken out on my skin, making me shiver.

"Are you alright honey? Do you need anything?" My moms head pops into the bathroom, looking concerned.

I shake my head 'no' not trusting myself to speak.

My mom didn't ask me why I was out last night, or why it looked like I had just gotten my heart ripped out, but I think she knew. I didn't look at anyone when I came home only sulked up to bed.

With a sigh, she leaves me alone.

This is going to be a long six more months.

•••

I wake up again around eleven in the morning with the smell of eggs and bacon that make me nauseous.

I'm just going to lay in bed all day.

Mom brought me in a trash can early this morning and I've only thrown up once since the first time.

Morning sickness is not fun. I wish being pregnant didn't come with the I unwanted illness.

"Caira?" My mom knocks on the door, not giving me a chance to respond before she comes in. "Breakfast is ready downstairs, are you going to come eat?"

"I'm not feeling good," I shake my head and look back at my phone.

"The baby needs to eat, Caira. Why don't you just eat something bland like toast?"

Toast doesn't sound to bad. I guess I could try to eat some. The baby does need all the nutrients it can get anyways.

I sigh and stand up, I have a week until I'll be three months pregnant and even though the growth of my stomach is quite small, I can still tell. My baby is becoming strong.

I stretch my arms over my head and groan when I feel the tenderness of the night before.

"I'll go start you some toast and coffee while you do what you have to do," mom smiles before closing the door to head back downstairs.

I feel sore and depressed due to the night before.

Even thinking about it now makes tears sting my eyes and I feel let down and betrayed.

Chris was supposed to be my savior, my rock and now he's not here.

Sure I have my family, well most, but Chris was the one person I expected to be here for me through thick and thin.

Before all this friends with benefits stuff, Chris and I would be there for each through everything. We knew each other better than the back of our own hands and now I question that.

Seeing Tiffany in Chris's bed last night really made me second guess my friendship with him, I always thought I knew him. I thought for sure that he was the one I could count on for everything and now...I'm not so sure.

I sigh, lifting up my shirt and look at my stomach.

It's sad to think that my baby will grow up without their biological dad. Maybe this is karma, karma for going against our Lord.

I don't know anymore.

I've never been so unsure about something in my life. Everything I question, I'm not the same person I was three months ago, even one month ago!