Chapter~Thirty

I was hoping I could get Chris inside before Brody showed up, knowing how jealous and protective Chris can be, but of course luck isn't on my side.

The moment Brody's trucks headlights shine against the driveway, a sinking feeling fills my stomach, the butterflies of nervousness erupt and I get that horrible feeling.

"Who the hell is that?" Chris asks angrily and I bite my lip.

Brody knows Chris from the party, obviously doesn't like him considering what happened and I honestly have no idea how this could go down.

I don't speak, only watch as Brody steps out of his truck and starts walking towards us.

"Him?" He sneers. "Are you guys like a thing?"

"It's really none of your business," I snap even though I feel guilt pool in my stomach.

"How is it not? Here I am trying to make things right with you and you're fucking this pussy," Chris seethes.

"You don't know anything about him!" I shout.

"What's going on?" Brody asks, standing a little bit in front of me.

Him and Chris are almost the same height, but Chris has more muscle and overall looks like if they ever got in a fight, would have the advantage.

"Nothing," Chris snaps, sizing him up.

"Stop," I warn Chris and grab Brody's arm.

"Where are you going?" Chris asks.

"Nowhere," I say back.

"Can you just listen to me for a second?!" He yells after me as I stop in my tracks, letting go of Brody's arm and turning around.

"No, you're just going to fill my head with bullshit again and I don't feel like picking through it all to find the truth," I tell him.

He takes a few steps forward, ignoring Brody's presence beside me. I then turn to him.

"Can you wait in the car, this will only take a minute?" I ask sweetly with a smile. I hate to ask him to wait when I told him to come get me, but I also want to hear what Chris has to say.

"Of course," he smiles and walks towards his truck, leaving Chris and I by ourselves.

I wait for him to start speaking, and soon enough he gets the hint.

"Tiffany is nothing like you, Caira. When I said she was a better fuck than you, I was lying. I don't know why I keep messing up, it's fucked up and I know that. I just-everything is happening so fast. One minute were best friends, then we're fucking and now you're pregnant with my baby. I can't wrap my head around it," he says sincerely.

I keep my emotions impassive as he speaks, I don't want him to see just how bad his words are affecting me.

"One minute I feel I can move on with you, but then Tiffany comes in the picture and she helps keep my mind off things-"

I start walking away before he can finish his sentence, I really don't want to hear how Tiffany is so good in bed, that she helps him forget the things wrong in his life.

I don't get far when his hand grips my forearm, pulling me into his chest.

Our eyes lock and I can't look away as he says the next words with so much emotion they make tears spring to my eyes.

"I love you, Caira. No matter how many times I try to forget, to change my feelings I can't. I know that I love you, I have for a while I just didn't know how to say it." He stares at me, and tears do spring to my eyes this time.