Chapter~Thirty Nine

"Have you even packed your hospital bag yet?" Kinley asks, folding some of the new baby clothes that I just washed.

I sit Indian style on my bed, folding blankets and such while occasionally, turning my head to watch sexy men transform into sexy werewolf's. I think I have a problem with how much I watch Teen Wolf.

"No," I sigh, tucking a piece of stray hair behind my ear. My neck is starting to hurt from looking down so much. I take that back, everything is starting to hurt. Starting with my back. "I don't really know what to pack anyways."

Kinley snorts making me glare playfully at her. "Baby clothes, clothes for yourself, and diapers."

I don't even want to think about the possibilities of going into labor yet. I'm seven months along, almost eight, and I know I'm almost to that crossing point, but it always makes me nervous. The longer I put off necessities, the better I feel about it all.

"I'll do it this week," I tell her and she gives me that look. "I promise."

She sighs with a smile. "Good. You can always look online about what to put in the bag too."

I nod, getting off my bed to put all of the folded clothes in the drawer that's attached to the crib. It was something that my dad actually helped me put together a few days after the baby shower. Chris had said that he was going to come over and help, but something came up with work.

I haven't seen him in a whole week and I'm starting to lose hope that he's really going to be here for me and the baby. It would break my heart if this is how it's going to be when he arrives.

"What's wrong?" Kinley asks. I realize I've been standing here staring at the crib for far too long. I haven't even put the clothes in the drawers yet.

I do that, and answer with my back turned to her. "Um, nothing."

"Is it Chris?" I sigh after her words.

"Kind of," I answer vaguely, going back to sitting on my bed. "But, I don't want to talk about him. You know that name book I got at the shower?"

She nods, standing up and joining me on the bed. "The one Chris's mom got you?"

I roll my eyes, picking up the thick book. "Yes, that one."

"What about it?" She asks, looking at me briefly as I turn the pages.

"I found a few names that I thought were cute and I want your opinion," I smile excitedly. I've been non-stop reading this book since I got it, I feel addicted.

"Okay," she nods, looking just as excited. "Shoot."

"So, I always have thought Camden was cute," I tell her.

"Camden? Like our city?" I laugh at her reaction and nod.

"Yes," I say. "I also think, Caiden, Colt, Corbin and Gannon are cute."

"Wait," she holds her hand up. "Say the last one again."

"Gannon?" I raise an eyebrow and she nods, her eyes lighting up.

"I love that name!" She cheers. "It's so unique and I literally know no one with it."

Gannon has always popped out to me, but I always felt like it was too unique. I've always liked the way it sounded, though. It fits both a baby and an adult, something that I put a lot of thought into.

"I'm going to wait for Chris to make a final decision, but I love this name too," I tell her, flipping through the pages.