Chapter~Eighteen

The next day I walk downstairs to find Chris eating breakfast with Landon again, Grayson is also sitting at the table. Jared is probably still sleeping considering its only six-thirty.

"Good morning," I smile and kiss my mom on the cheek. I grab a plate of toast and eggs before going to sit next to Chris.

"Chris honey, I was wondering if you would ask you parents about the dinner tonight?" My mother sweetly asks. Dinner? What dinner? I never heard of a dinner.

"Of course, will it be here?" He asks.

"Yes, I've already mentioned it to your mom, but I didn't get back with her about the date. Do you think it will be too late notice?" My mom looks worried.

"No, I'm sure she'll be more than happy to come," Chris assures her with a smile. Of course his mom wouldn't mind, she's one of the nicest ladies I've ever met.

They discuss the dinner a little bit more while I dig into my breakfast. I'm extremely hungry, even though I woke up at one in the morning to grab some potato chips because I had a craving for something salty. I ate almost the entire bag, but yet I'm still hungry.

"Let's go, Caira, we're going to be late," Chris elbows me and I look up to see him furrowing his eyesbrows.

"Alright," I agree and take my plate into the kitchen. "Bye mom, I love you!"

I don't wait for her to reply before heading out to Chris' car.

Once were both situated and driving down the street, Chris start to talk.

"I think we need to tell them," Chris says. I'm confused for a second before realization hits me. He wants to tell our parents about my pregnancy.

"I don't think I'm ready." There's no way in hell I'm ready to just tell our parents that I'm pregnant. There's only two ways this could end and honestly I don't think it will be pretty.

"We have to, Caira. We can't keep it in much longer. You've already known for two months and haven't even tried to talk to your parents about it." He's right, but what's wrong with keeping it in another month or so?

"Can we not talk about this, Chris?" I beg, knowing he won't give in.

"No! We're going to talk about it and we're going to tell our parents tonight," he scowls at the road.

"Do you really think that's a good idea, Chris? Telling our parents with my overprotective older brother and police officer as a dad?" I ask him with a knowing look.

He's always been scared of my fathers profession, saying that my dad could easily shoot him. I mean he's right, but what's the big deal? My dad wouldn't kill him, he'd probably just shoot his arm or something.

"Yes. And I see what you're doing here," he tells him with a smirk.

"And what exactly am I 'doing' here?" I roll my eyes, trying to play it cool.

"Your trying to scare me out of not wanting to tell our parents, its not going to work just so you know," he assures me.

"Why do you want to tell them so bad?" I narrow my eyes at him.

I don't like the idea of telling our parents about my pregnancy. Not together at least. I can only imagine how my father and older brother will react.

"Because," he sighs, running his fingers through his hair. "I don't want to keep it in any longer. Your mom can give you more support than I can on how everything is going to go. Overall you need our families support."

"So you want to tell our religious parents that I'm pregnant so they can support me? And what are they going to think about us having sex without actually being in a relationship?"