Chapter~Thirty Six

I fidget with my fingers. Chris beside me bounces his leg up and down, our nerves spiked to full capacity. This is probably the most terrifying thing of our relationship.

"You guys are back together?" My dad finally speaks, the rest of the parents waiting for our answer.

"I wouldn't say we were ever apart," I whisper, feeling interrogated.

This needed to happen, as much as I'm wishing I wasn't in this situation right now, I know that it would've happened eventually. That's just it.

"Then what would you call it, Caira?" Shannon asks in a sweet voice, generally curious.

"Um," I fumble. "Well, Chris and I have always had a connection, and just because we took a break I don't think we were apart."

The parents nod, switching their eyes back and forth between Chris and I.

I guess your probably wondering exactly what this situation is, right? Well, it's been a week since I ran to Chris crying, kissing him in the process, and the parents have figured out that we're back together. My dad isn't to happy and wanted to talk about it, inviting his mom and dad as well. That is why we are all in my living room...talking?

"I don't like this," my dad suddenly growls.

"Dad-"

"Scott, you need to think about this for a second," my mom gently scolds him.

"I can't be okay with this, Sharron," he shakes his head.

"Why? Why can't you be okay with them together, honey?" My mom asks, rubbing his arm.

I look down at my hands, tears blurring my vision because I know why he can't be okay with it. I was having sex with my childhood friend behind their backs, who is now sitting next to me. Their perfect little girl isn't so perfect.

"I can't be okay with it because they were having sex right under our noses! It's wrong, Sharron."

There's an emotion behind his voice that I already know too well, disappointment. I've heard it before, worse now than other times.

"What does that have to do with now? Our daughter is pregnant with his child and needs help, what's the difference if they're pursuing a relationship as well?"

My mom always seems to know the right words and questions. She knows when she's supposed to ask things and how to calm my father down. It's nice of her to try this time even though I know he's not about to stop.

"They're going to be spending a lot of time together and that could lead to what they were doing before. They'll think that it's okay to have sex because they have a baby together," he explains, choking on his words.

I look up and I wish I didn't, the sight in front of me is worse than anything I've seen from my father in months. He's crying.

This alone, causes more guilt to turn and a tear to trickle down my cheek. I hate this. Everything is just so difficult, maybe it'll get easier and maybe it won't.

"Mr. Jameson," Chris breaks the silence. "I can assure you this isn't just a way to sleep with each other. I'm in love with Caira and I want to be here for her and the baby. That's all."

"I don't doubt you love my daughter," my dad begins, anger seeping into his voice as he proceeds. "But I was once your age and I know what you think about. And that's all you think about. Not the baby, not how you can be a better father, but how many times you can make my daughter open her legs for you."

"Dad!" I shout, he's taking it to far.

"That's not what my motives are at all sir," Chris clenches his jaw, his fists tightening.