Chapter~Twenty Eight

Your Caira Jameson!!! I wish I was her :'(

Sunday was spent lounging around, of course I didn't feel like doing much after my mental breakdown earlier that day.

I slipped on a pair of leggings, a maroon crew neck with the word 'Thankful' and moccasins. The sweatshirt is nice and big so it covered my stomach perfectly which was a huge relief.

I'm currently heading to my second hour, and I've made sure everywhere I went I had someone by my side. Call me a whimp, but I don't really want to see the man that completely tore me apart today.

As I walk down the hallway, I notice many people looking my way, not sure why I just ignore it.

"Caira?" I turn around and gasp in surprise at the sight of Brody.

"Brody? Hey," I smile brightly and hug him.

"What's up?" He asks and we begin walking again.

"Nothing much, you?"

"Same; nothing. You know, when you told me you went here I didn't believe you," he smiles and wraps his arm around my shoulders.

"Why would I lie about my school," I giggle.

"I don't know," he shrugs. "Maybe you thought I was a creep and didn't want me stalking you-"

"Oh shut up," I laugh. He joins in as well and now people actually have a reason to stop and stare.

I've had more fun today than I've had at school ever. Maybe it was because Brody always had a way to make me laugh and didn't let me think much of my problems.

I say goodbye to him and hop into my car, planning on driving home when Kinley starts running towards me like a mad woman.

"Can you give me a ride?" She asks out of breath.

"Of course," I answer and she hops in on the passenger side. "What happened to your car?"

"It won't start again," she groans. "My dads got to get a tow truck to come get it fixed."

"Why don't you just buy a new one with the money you have saved up?" I ask.

Kinley has been saving up twenty percent of all her earnings for the past ten years, she has over one-hundred-thousand dollars saved up, and then money for gas, food and whatnot.

She's always been headstrong so it shouldn't surprise me that she has tons of money saved up, but I don't know exactly what she's using it for.

"Because, I need it for college," she sighs.

"Kinley, you're an all A student, you'll get a scholarship to whatever school you want," I tell her.

She doesn't say anything after this, we ride in silence and I wonder exactly what her problem is?

It's not a bad thing to be cautious with her money, but I feel she's a little too cautious.

"See you tomorrow," I wave to her as we pull up to her house.

"Bye, thanks for the ride," she waves and shuts the door.