Chapter~Twenty

The next morning I wake up before anyone else, I stretch my back out feeling very stiff from spending the night on the couch.

I wish that last night was all a dream, but I know that's all wishful thinking because it's impossible. It feels strange having them know, I feel weird and uncomfortable.

I look over to my side and see Landon's head near my feet, the blanket up to his chin where he dreamingly sleeps.

Getting off the couch I head upstairs and plug in my phone since it's dead and I didn't charge it last night, my bed side clock says it's only five o'clock, but I'm already to far awake to go back to sleep so I grab a pair of clean clothes for school and my bath towel, and head towards the bathroom.

The hot water does little to ease my discomfort. Thoughts and memories cloud my mind as I wash my hair, my eyes closed.

I hope my dads already at work so I don't have to deal with him this early in the morning. Jared won't wake up anytime soon, it'll only be my mom, brothers and I.

I change into my leggings that seem tighter than usual, pull on an oversized gray hoodie, as usual, and add minimal make up.

If you can't already tell I'm not really in the mood to try in my appearance today.

After gathering all my school stuff, slipping on my brown moccasins, I head downstairs where I smell waffles and bacon.

Wow, my moms actually making breakfast.

"Good morning, Caira," my mom greets, the thing that really catches me off guard is the hostility in her voice. I know she's upset and angry about my new statues, but hearing her like this makes me upset.

"Morning," I mutter and grab a plate from the cabinet, piling it high with waffles and bacon, drenching it in syrup as well.

Grayson, and Landon are already sitting at the table eating in silence when I get out to the dining room.

The only sound is of our forks scraping across the plates, it's so uncomfortable that I wish I had just gotten McDonald's for breakfast and ate in my car.

"Caira?" My mom calls my name from the breakfast bar.

"Yes?" I reply, looking towards her.

"Come straight home after school today, alright?" She's calm, oddly enough, this only makes the warning bells in my head go off.

"Okay," I say quietly and turn back to my food.

Chris doesn't pick me up for school today, which in a way I'm glad for and not so happy about.

I am because I'm left alone with my thoughts and then I'm not because, just that, I'm left alone with my thoughts.

I almost cry out in relief when I pull into the packed school parking lot.

Seeing people makes me happy, and makes me feel normal for a millisecond.

I walk to my locker by myself and start to gather my stuff for first hour, when I feel a presence from behind me.

I turn around ready to see who is there when Kinley and Jessica come into view.

"Hey," Kinley greets, with a sad smile.

"Hi?" I answer skeptically.

"Um, Chris just told us about what happened last night," Jessica says softly.

"Oh." My shoulders sag in defeat.

I knew I could never live without my best friends, their everything to me. They're the ones that helped me get through this in the beginning and I really need them now.