Chapter~Nine

Friday, at school, I first head towards Kinley's locker to talk about the plans for tonight. A couple days ago when I talked to her last I decided I really needed a girls night. I missed hanging out with Jessica and Kinley and I wanted nothing more than to tell them my secret. It would be awhile until I would tell Chris, I want him to spend as much time with not knowing as possible. Because once he finds out he would have a whole new responsibility to handle.

"Hey," I greet Kinley at her locker before lunch.

"Hey girlie, what's up?" She turns to face me, her dirty blonde hair smacking me in the face.

"I came to talk to you about tonight," I tell her playing with my fingers nervously. I hadn't figured out how I'll tell them yet, considering they're really religious too, and I'm scared they'll be harder on me than my parents.

"Oh right! So, I was thinking we could rent a movie, get pizza and just chill out. There is a party tonight, but Jess is the only one who wants to go." Of course Jessica would want to go to a party tonight. All the parties I've been to have been filled with nothing other than drunk and horny teenagers. I shiver just thinking about it.

"Sounds good to me. Jess will get over it anyway." We both laugh and start making our way towards the cafeteria. I readjust my black oversized hoodie as I walk in to make sure my small baby bump isn't visible.

I see Jessica eating already when we walk in and walk over to the table.

"Damn, Jess, do you think you could eat anymore fattening food?" Kinley says in disgust.

"Nope, if I'm not getting any bigger then I'm fine," Jess answers back with food in her mouth. I cringe and look away starting to eat my sub that I had gotten this morning before school.

"That looks good," Kinley says, drooling almost. Kinley's mom won't let her eat anything other than organic food. It must suck, I value my fattening food. Especially now when I have these weird food cravings.

"So tonight," I start swallowing. "We're just going to hang out at my house. No parties, Jess."

"Cool." She seems more interested in her food then our plans so I'd rather leave her be.

The cafeteria suddenly goes silent and I turn my head to see why, Chris and Tiffany are walking hand in hand to their table. Not before Chris stops and takes a microphone out of one of his friends hands.

"Listen up," he says into the microphone. "I would like to ask Tiffany something really important. Tiffany, would you be my girl?"

If it was possible for my heart to break anymore it would. Though, I think that ship has sailed a long time ago. Everyone gasps and my eyes stay trained on Chris who is staring deeply into Tiffany's. No! This is going to ruin everything, he's going to get attached to Tiffany and then what about the baby? Oh shit.

"Of course I will!" Tiffany squeaks and lunges herself at Chris, pecking his lips and hugging him. He looks happy, happier than he ever did with me.

I hadn't noticed I was crying until Kinley asked what was wrong. Instead of answering her I hurriedly get up from my seat and start to fast walk towards the exit.

"Where are you going, Caira?" Chris asks, I freeze. Did he just ask me where I was going? I think he did. Slowly I turn my body to face him, he's smirking.

"No where," I spit, I sound a lot stronger than I feel and look right now.

"Why are you leaving? Did I say something?" What is he doing? Why is he trying to humiliate me in front of the school?

"Why are you doing this?" I choke on a sob.

"Doing what, Caira? I'm only asking the girl I love to be my girlfriend." That does it, I run out of that room as fast as I can. Turning corners sharply before rushing into the bathroom and into a cubicle.

The way his smile mocked me made me sick and I emptied myself into the toilet. That had nothing to do with the pregnancy. I feel sick for giving myself away to him, to loving him when in reality he loved Tiffany and on top of that I'm pregnant with his child. I really screwed up my life.

I keep throwing up into the toilet until I can't feel anything anymore. If only that were true. I'm alone, and upset. And that is one of the worst feelings in the world.

***

"Let's watch Thor! Chris Hemsworth is way hotter than Ryan Gosling!" Jessica argues with Kinley over what movie to watch as I sit on the couch staring at nothing in particular. We've already devoured the pizza, I had at least six pieces. Hey! I didn't get to eat my lunch and I'm pregnant, so you can't judge! Of course, Kinley and Jessica looked at me strangely, but they didn't ask any questions. Which I was thankful for.

We ended up going with Thor and throughout the movie I couldn't even focus. I kept replaying the past couple months in my head. From the day I turned sixteen, giving my virginity to Chris, to having a friends with benefits relationship with him and then to getting pregnant.

By the time the movie ends I've felt the need to tell the girls my secret badly enough to where I feel I will pull out all of my hair if I don't.

"Caira?" Jess waves her hand in my face, making me come out of my daze.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay, you look sick?" Jess asks with worry etched into her facial features.

"I'm fine," I lie. I can't hold it in anymore. "Actually I'm not."

"What's wrong?" Kinley asks looking concerned now. Luckily my parents are at some meeting and the two boys are at grandmas.

"I need to tell you something. It's important."

"What is it?" I hesitate and Kinley senses this as she grabs my hand and looks into my eyes. "We won't judge or anything, if that's what your worried about."

"No it's not that," I only partially lie. Sure, I think they're going to be angry, but who wouldn't when finding out your sixteen year old best friend is pregnant?

"Than what is it?"

"Listen, I don't want you to be disappointed in me. I didn't think this would happen." I try to explain to them, but they're clueless, I was thinking if they guessed it, it wouldn't be as hard. Though, who am I kidding, they couldn't guess to save their lives.

"We won't be disappointed, Caira," Jess says with sympathy.

"Yeah, just tell us. It can't be that bad." Well, here goes nothing. If they decide they don't want to be friends with a teen mom I wouldn't blame them. If they don't want to be seen with me out of embarrassment I would understand that, too. Sure it would hurt, but I can't force them to be there for me.

"Jessica, Kinley," I look in between the both of the, inhaling deeply. "I'm pregnant."

There faces could've killed me.
________________

Sorry for the wait guys, extra busy. I'm really sorry hope you can forgive me ;) I will hopefully update fast next time.

Make sure you vote and give me feed back I would really appreciate it.

Enjoy. Love you all <3

Like and comment :)