Chapter~Thirty Seven

"I just did," I muster as much confidence as I can to say these words. She doesn't deserve much other than that. And as she clutches her now bleeding nose in her hand, I feel the pride take over in me.

"Holy shit, Caira." Jessica and Kinley finally make it to the scene of the crime.

"Let's go," Kinley grabs my arm in attempt to move me away from Tiffany. As much as I'd love to stay and watch this girl writher in pain, I let my best friends drag me out as Chris yells at the boy with the ball under his shirt who is now aiding to Tiffany. "Oh my gosh! Where did that come from?"

I don't know if I expected my friends to be mad or not, but when they start laughing I can't help but join in. The look on Tiffany's face when my fist connected with her face makes me laugh even harder. She was so stunned that I doubt she felt the pain at first.

"I was not expecting that." Jessica stops walking to bend over, laughing like the rest of us. "I'm pissing my pants right now."

"Shut up," I chuckle, walking further into the hallway.

"Pregnant women are funny when they're mad," Jess breathes out, laying her arm over my shoulders.

"Jessica," Kinley hisses making me look down at the ground.

We all forgot the real reason I punched Tiffany in the face. Or what led up to it at least.

The whole school knows I'm pregnant now. There's no hiding it. I don't understand how these people got a recording of that day and conversation, but they did and it's over now. The infamous Caira Jameson is pregnant with Chris's baby; her best friend. That sounds more wrong the more I say it.

"We're sorry, Cair," Jessica pouts, laying her head on my shoulder even though it's probably uncomfortable.

"It was going to happen eventually," I shrug, trying to act like it doesn't effect me the way they know it does. "Tiffany did me a favor."

Kinley cringes. "I wouldn't call it that."

"Yeah," Jess scowls. "That bitch is psycho for Chris, there's no way she was doing this to benefit you."

"Obviously," I roll my eyes. "But she took the task off my hands."

I'm just trying to raise my pessimistic mood right now. I've gone almost four months being depressed and lonely, I don't want to sink into that hole again. Especially not for something as little as this. The school was going to find out at some point so it's not like it really matters.

But it does.

"Ugh," Jess groans. "Stop with giving her good credit when she's out to hurt you."

"You don't understand," I glare at her. I don't mean to be so rude, but I'm trying to lighten the mood for myself, I'd appreciate it if they tried to lift me up too.

"You're right," Kinley butts in, giving a pointed look to Jess. "We don't. We just want you to be okay, you know? You've been through a lot and the last thing we want is for you to become emotionally void again."

I smile slightly at her word choices. "Thanks, guys. And I'm sorry I snapped, I'm just on edge a bit."

"It's okay," Jess smiles, nudging my side. "We'll love you anyway."

"You're stupid," I laugh.

"Caira!" I turn my head to see a frantic looking Chris rushing towards me. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did she hurt you?"

"I'm fine, no, and no," I bite my lip, looking up at him with amusement.

He sighs. "I swear I didn't tell her anything, I didn't even think she knew-"