Chapter~Thirteen

Once I get home from the horrible day I had, I end up just going to my room and start stuffing my face with chocolate and bacon while watching Chrisly Knows Best.

"Yes! Go Chrisly! You show her!" I shout at the television while accidentally letting my bacon fly out of my hands while waving them around. It hits the TV but I'm too lazy to get up so I just sit there looking at it with my eyes narrowed before someone bursts in my room, disturbing my staring contest with my bacon. "Don't you ever knock, Grayson?"

"If I'm suddenly a fifteen year old boy, then no," a deep voice says from the door way and I turn my eyes away from the TV to where my older brother, Jared, is standing with his arms crossed over his chest. "Well, are you just going to stare at me, or give your older, awesome looking, brother a hug?"

"Jared?!" I shout and hop up from my Indian style sitting position, tripping over one of my legs and tumbling to the floor. I look up from the white carpet that my face was buried in a few seconds ago to be met with Jared's amused facial expression. "I'm good, thanks for asking."

"Still clumsy I see," Jared smirks and picks me up by the waist and spinning me around in circles while I bury my face in his neck and hold onto him for dear life.

Jared being away at college for a year is way too long for me. Jared is always there for me, a little overprotective at times, but other then that he's a great guy.

"What are you doing here?" I ask once he puts me down on my feet.

"What? I can't come home to see my parents and lovely siblings?" He questions smirking slightly.

"Got suspended?"

"For a week." Ah, good ole Jared, still getting suspended, for something stupid I'm sure, too.

"What'd you do this time?" I cross my arms, trying to look intimidating.

"Glued a condom to my literature teachers desk," Jared replies with a shrug. I swear, boys just don't know when to stop. "Enough about me, what about you? How have you been?"

"Good, I mean I could be better, but other then that I'm good." Jared looks at me confused and when I play my answer over in my mind I get confused, too.

"Mhmm. So, where's Chris? I'm surprised he's not here, usually you guys are like conjoined twins," he looks at me puzzled and I feel anger and sadness boil inside of me.

"He's gotten a life, is all."

"Right...well, do you want to go out for ice cream?" Jared asks enthusiastically. Okay, I said he was in college, I never said he was mature.

I nod my head quickly before grabbing my phone and following him to his Old Chevy truck he got when he was sixteen.

"Aren't you going to ask Grayson to come?" I turn my gaze to Jared questionably.

"Nah." Is all he says before we speed off down the road. "Seriously, though, what's up with you and Chris?"

"Why does there have to be something up?" I question matter of factly. Jared turns his head and tilts it to the side and looks at me with a 'you-know-why' look.

"Don't start that shit with me, Caira. You two have been together since the hospital bed, and now you're not even talking to him." I snap my head to look at him so fast I probably look like the exorcist while Jared looks like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Who told you this?" I growl.

"No one t-"

"Who told you this?!"

"Mom!" Jared yells and shrinks in his seat like he told me a secret that could get him disowned, probably could, everybody knows about my anger and the hormones aren't helping.