Chapter~ Thirty Eight

Not edited!! Warning!

"Congratulations, Caira," my doctor smiled. "You are pregnant with a baby boy."

"Caira!" My mom calls for me. I'm starting to get nervous for this whole thing. I keep looking in the mirror, maybe my dress is too short, it reaches my knees, but maybe that's not proper. "Are you almost ready, sweetheart?"

I look over at my mom who stands in the doorway. She looks good in her skirt and flowy top. She doesn't look nervous. Then again, she's not the one seven months pregnant at age sixteen.

"Is this too short?" I ask, turning back to the mirror. "Is it too plain? I should change."

"No, no, no, Caira," she soothingly says, coming around to my back, looking into the mirror with me. "You look beautiful."

"What if no one comes?" I question. "Did we get any RSVP's?"

"Baby," she smiles, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear when I turn around. "Kinley and Jessica have taken care of everything. I promise you, people will come."

I blow out a breath, trying a smile for her before grabbing my bag. I don't look into the mirror again as I walk out the door after my mom.

"Grayson! Landon!" My mom shouts. "Time to go!"

My brothers emerge from the stairs, both of them in nice clothes. I thought these types of things were for women only? This show how much I know about these kinds of things.

"You look pretty, Caira," Landon tells me with a smile, grabbing my hand.

I beam, pecking his forehead. "Thank you, squirt. You look quite handsome yourself."

He blushes and we start walking towards the car. Spring air has come and gone and it feels like summer already. Tennessee is like that, I wouldn't even say we have a Spring, it jumps right to the humid and hot weather.

I sit in the front seat, my legs crossed the whole ride. Even though the air conditioning is on full blast, my nerves have me sweating like a pig. Maybe that's just the pregnancy. Not to mention I have to pee again.

"Is dad coming?" I turn to my mom. She doesn't look at me, though, and I know what her answer is. "Figures."

She sighs. "I think we should trust his decision on not coming. We don't want him to make a scene do we?"

"I guess you're right," I look out the window.

"Is Chris going to come?" Landon asks. I wish I could answer his question. Chris has been busy lately. He says it's because of work, and I understand, but at the same time I would've really liked him to be here today.

"He might," I smile at my little brother and he looks excited. I don't know how he would feel if I said he wasn't. All of my brothers have been very protective of me lately, more than usual, even five year old Landon.

The car falls silent again. I try not to think about the events that are coming up, but that becomes hard when we pull up to the restaurant. My favorite place to eat, actually.

"Ready?" My mom asks with a smile. She's been super supportive the past few months. I don't know what would be happening at this time if it weren't for her.

"Yeah," I breathe out and follow my mother out of the car. I take Landon's hand in mine and start walking towards the restaurant. We walk past the hostess and straight for the closed in balcony. If looks over the lake, one of the many reasons I fell in love with this place.

"Caira!" Jessica screeches, wrapping her arms around me. And then Kinley is joining us, doing the same. "I'm so glad you came."

"Jess," Kinley looks at her with a scowl. "This shower is for Caira."