Chapter~Twenty Nine

Oh my gosh, I literally can't Chris!! I may faint.

Caira's POV.

I didn't know where we were going, mom nor dad would tell me, all they did was pack us all in the minivan and start driving.

"Are you seriously not going to tell us where we're going?" Jared asks from the very back seat.

Dad grumbles something under his breath, but my mom smiles and shakes her head.

This makes us all groan.

"We're here," mom claps excitedly and I furrow my eyebrows, letting the automatic doors open for me, unbuckling Landon from his seat before stepping out of the car.

Oh hell nah.

"Nope, I'm waiting in the car," I shake my head and attempt to get back in the car, but my mom grabs my arm and drags me along with the rest of the family to the front door.

"Mom I can't do this," I begin to panic.

"Caira, you need him," mom looks at me sympathetically.

"No I don't. I have Jared and Grayson, and you and dad," I point out and dig my heels into the concrete to try to slow my arrival to the house.

"The baby needs his dad. If you don't want to have anything to do with Chris, as a relationship, think about the baby. He or she will want to know who there father is," mom tries to pursued.

She's right. Even if I can't get past how Chris has treated me, I still need to think about my baby and not be selfish about it.

It's already obvious Chris could careless about me, but maybe if he knows there will be no strings for us, then maybe he'll reconsider.

I only nod, she looks at me for a second longer before we go up to knock on the door.

The door opens a moment later, Shannon greeting us with a big hello.

"Nice to see you too," mom practically squeals and hugs her friend.

"Nice to see you again too, Sharron," she turns to me. "You as well."

I smile as best I can and she offers us to come in.

As soon as I step in I'm greeted with Deja Vu and feel light headed, Deja Vu is a bitch.

I try my best to act natural when looking around the house, but when my eyes lock with Chris's it's hard to keep the facade.

He stands in all his glory, his shirt hugging his muscles perfectly-shut up Caira!

I close my eyes for a second and open them again, he's still staring at me.

"Caira!" Jamie comes running up to me. I paste a smile on my face and bend down to hug her.

"Hey, girlie. How are you?" I ask and ruffle her dark hair.

"Good," she smiles brightly and turns her head to Landon who is standing next to my mom. "Hi Landon!"

"Hi!" He waves just as enthusiastically and they run off to God knows where.

"Why don't us girls head into the kitchen and the boys can stay out here until dinner?" Shannon suggests, but doesn't wait for anyone input as she drags my mom to the kitchen.