Chapter~Thirty Four

"Are you sure you had a good time?" Brody asks for the millionth time.

"Yes!" I giggle. "I had a lot of fun."

I hear him sigh into the phone and I chew on my finger nail with a smile on my face.

I know there's still a huge secret that I have, but I'm just enjoying this time spent as a normal teenager. Is that so bad?

"Well, I'm glad," he says. "Listen, I hate to do this-"

"It's fine," I laugh. "I need to go to."

"Thank goodness," he breaths. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow," I grin even though he can't see me.

We end the call and I can't wipe the stupid smile on my face as I go to get ready for bed.

I'm officially twelve weeks pregnant today and in just four more weeks I'll be able to find out the gender. That's when my next appointment will be.

"Caira!" I hear my mom call for me right as I get out of the bathroom.

"Yeah!" I shout back.

"There is someone here for you!"

I perk up at the thought of Brody coming over, but when I get downstairs and see Chris standing in the entry way talking to my mom, my mood diminishes greatly.

"Hey," I greet him and take the final steps of the stairs to meet him.

"Hey," he smiles and looks at my mother.

"I-I'll leave you two to talk," she jams her thumb in the direction of the kitchen with a knowing smile on her face.

"Thanks," I smile. "What are you doing here, Chris?"

His smile falls, but he regains his composure.

"Can we talk?" He asks.

"Isn't that what we're doing?" I smile slightly.

"Caira..." He groans. "I'm serious."

"Okay, okay let's go to my room," I nod and lead the way.

There's a bit of tension between us as we make our way to my room, which makes me suddenly have a bad feeling about this 'talk'. 

I take a seat on my bed while Chris sits on my desk chair and I wait for him to speak.

"I saw you leave with that guy-"

"Here we go again," I huff.

"Just listen," he holds his hand up, I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow. "I just find it a bit weird since you said we would give 'us' a try and now you're sneaking around to see another guy."

"I'm not sneaking around," I shake my head. "And yeah, I said we are going to work on us, but why is it my fault when I find someone who is genuinely interested in me? I mean, you cut our agreement to be with Tiffany, so why am I being chastised?"

"You're not being chastised!" He raises his voice. "The problem is you're sending me mixed signals! Do you want to try with me, or do you want to be with that Brody guy?"