Chapter~Thirty Two

For some reason, completely unknown to me, I can't get Brody and I's conversation out of my head.

Even after being dropped off at my home, and sitting in bed for thirty minutes, I still can't quite pinpoint my objective on our conversation.

He had said his step-mother is very strange, and that even her daughter is worse. At the time, though, I didn't think to ask more about her. How old she was? What school she goes to? Even what her name was would've been something. But no, being the slow person that I tend to be, didn't think of it.

So, here I lay, my eyes trained on the boring white ceiling like it's the most important thing in the world, and thinking over the discussion.

Groaning, I turn on my side, my stomach seeming like it's heavier than usual, and erase the stress from my mind.

My family had gotten home only ten minutes after me, but I was to distracted to go see them. Chris texted me a good-night not to long ago which I responded to.

Maybe if I rest, I'll be able to think more clearly tomorrow.

 Yeah, just need some rest.

                                                                              _______________________

Hacking up the remaining acid in my stomach, I flush the toilet and brush my teeth thoroughly, before slipping into warm bath water.

This morning sickness is really starting to get old. When is it going to end?

I finish my bathing and get dressed in grey sweatpants, and a large navy hoodie. My new daily uniform.

I only add minimal make-up with my hair tied in a bun and moccasins on my feet.

"Good morning, baby, sleep well?" My mother asks with her glasses perched on her nose as she types on her computer.

"Yeah, well, as good as I can with a baby inside me," I roll my eyes.

"And it'll only get worse," my mother smiles sweetly, like she didn't just tell me I'll never sleep a whole night through, again.

"Joy," I sarcastically smile and grab the bag of bagels out of the refrigerator.

"You know, you can at least act the least bit joyful," my mother pats my back while going to fill her coffee mug.

"I don't want to give people the wrong impression by lying," I state.

"True," she nods and grabs her travel mug. "I have to get to work early this morning so I'll be dropping Landon off at Kids Care. Oh, and you have to drive Grayson to school."

"This morning keeps getting better and better," I smile with my lips closed.

"Love you," she kisses my cheek and rounds up Landon before heading out the door.

"Grayson! If you're not up in the next ten minutes you'll be walking to school!" I shout up the stairs and go back to eating my bagels.

"I'm here," he bounds down the stairs out of breath while I'm standing by the door with my keys twirling around my finger.

"It appears you are," I glare at him and turn on my heel to head out to my car.

I shove my books in my locker and hurriedly close the door so they don't fall out. I release a breath only to turn around and almost have a heart attack by Brody standing right in front of me.