25

Life at times get painful and messed up. It gets complicated at the worst of times, and sometimes you have no idea where to go or what to do.Even when it hurts, life goes on.... they both too carried on... though the whole night he stayed awake and brooded over his misdeeds and she cried her lungs out and slept the night looking at the the ceiling but as the morning appeared they gathered themselves and put on their happy mask and got ready to face the world.

"Beta teri subhe ki flight thi na, Kab nikalegi?" Pammi asked during breakfast. Her father was also there.

" Mom, can you make something else for me, yeah Parathe nahin khane hain...." Shehnaaz was not in a mood to discuss anything regarding the Mumbai trip.

" kya banau.... French toast?" Pammi asked.

" App jo bread ko ande main doobo ke tal dete ho usse French toast nahin kehete... and no mujhe Anda bread nahin khana" She said in a insolent tone.

" toh phir porridge?" Pammi gave her another option.

"Na" Shehnaaz denied.

" kuch acha khana hai ..." she demanded.

" idli? Dosa? Uttapam? In main se kuch banaun?" Pammi gave her more options.

" nahin khana aapke Punjabi dosa,your aloo tastes like Pav bhaji ka bhaji" she kept throwing tantrums. Her father observed her silently.

" toh kya khilaun tujhe? Khoon pee le meri, ladki nahin aafat paida Kiya hai maine" pammi was just tired of her tantrums.

" bread butter " Shehnaaz replied.

" and please toast nahin normal bread" she added.

" kachi bread pe butter lagake hi khana hai toh jaan kyun kha rahi thi meri , seedhe bolti" Pammi countered.

" what's kacha?? Bread already baked hota hai" Shehnaaz chided.

" Tum dono ke saath main pagal ho jaunga, Shehnaaz beta thode ache se bol legi toh kya ho jaega aur Pammi tu kyun bache k peeche pad jaati hai , uski life hai , bread usko jaise khana hai khane de" Mr sukh finally intruded .

" har zid puri karo aap iski, Kal ko kuch aise zid na Kar baithe jisko Pura karna aapke bas main hi na ho toh kya karoge?" Shehnaaz could understand what exactly her mother was hinting at.

"She is mature enough to distinguish between what is justified and what is not, ab usko seedhe seedhe bread butter de de"Her father's words made her realize that how much they love and trust her, and she instantly felt remorseful, constant guilt trips had became an integral part of her life.

" beta, humare paas maid and cook hone ke baad bhi mummy khud hi Breakfast banati hai ,serve karti hai... yeah uska pyar Jatane ka tarikha hai,hume uske pyar,uske concern ko granted nahin Lena chaiye na.... "

" sorry, papa.... I didn't have any intentions to hurt her" she understood very well that she was troubling her mother unnecessarily.

" I know, I know " her father patted her back.
In no time Pammi came out with bread and butter and put a buttered bread on her plate.

"Mumma" she sang.

" ek dum muh mat kholna" Pammi replied.

" app toast hi dedo" As her mother looked at her angrily, she grabbed her hand and planted a kiss on her palm amd said " sorry ",Pammi's anger just vanished. At that exact moment, their doorbell rang and the maid went out to open the door.

"Aur beta office kaisa chal rah hai?" Mr sukh asked.

" acha" Shehnaaz replied.

" waise tu airport ke liye niklengi kab?" this time her father asked.