69

"Shehnaaz get up baby....paani hai....anyone carrying water?"holding Shehnaaz in his arms,Sidharth called out for help.

Students and faculty members rushed towards them and some one handed him a bottle of water ,he took some water in his hand and splashed it on her face,she was still unmoved.
He gathered all his strength and carefully lifted Shehnaaz in his arms.
He carried her back to their car as others helped him.He gently places her on the back seat, laying her down as comfortably as possible. He then took out his phone from his pocket,with trembling hands he called her gynecologist.

"Hello, Doctor It's Sidharth, Shehnaaz's husband... Shehnaaz has fainted I don't know what to do!" He fumbled as he said like a maniac.

"Sidharth, stay calm. Is Shehnaaz breathing? Is she responsive?" The doctor sounded alarmed yet she was composed.

"She is breathing, but she is unconscious. We are in the car right now in noida sectoe 125." He was panting heavily as he said.

" I am at a nearby hospital,I am a visiting doctor here.head straight here, and we'll take care of her but come fast" she gave him the address,he hung up and started the car, his hands refused to grip the steering wheel tightly as it was shaking with fear. He glanced back at Shehnaaz,she was still unconscious but breathing steadily, he took a deep breath and started the engine, focused on reaching the hospital as quickly as possible, his love for her and their unborn baby became his sole driving force in this race against time.

Finally he reached the hospital, he took her in his arms and started running towards the emergency ward.Nurses rushed to him and took Shehnaaz from his arms and placed her on a stretcher. Sidharth's soul wrenched as he saw them taking her away. He rushed to meet the doctor but he couldn't find her so he kept pacing back and forth infront of the emergency ward, his inside was filled with worst-case scenarios. He glanced at the closed doors of the emergency ward,feeling dead.He struggled to grasp how to respond, feeling as though life was anburden and he was failing to carry its weight.

"Nurse... Shehnaaz Oberoi... how is she?" he asked a nurse, who came out of the emergency ward.

"Seems like a case of extreme dehydration... she is still unconscious,please have patience doctor hi actual status bata payengi" the nurse replied and went away hurriedly and that exact moment his phone rang in his pocket, and he pulled it out. The screen displayed "Mom".

Sidharth hesitated for a moment before answering the call. He was feeling numb and had no will to talk to anyone.In that moment, his sole concern revolved around the well-being to Shehnaaz and their unborn child,no one else held any significance to him.

"Sidharth, tu office nahin pohancha abhi, Samarth se baat hui toh bataya." Shamita said.

"Mom... Shehnaaz fainted" he said straight,his voice was devoid of any emotion.

"Kya... kahan hai woh, kaise hua yeah sab... tujhe batana toh chaiye tha beta?" Shamita got worried.

"She is in a hospital near her college" he replied.

"Main aa rahi hoon...." Shamita too got restless.

"Mom please...abhi nahin... I will tell you when to come" he said,he sounded too mechanical,as if his emotions had been dead.

"Par hua kya? Gir gai kya?" She asked.

"Mom I will call you after talking to the doctor" he said bluntly as he neither had the strength nor the wish to repeat the whole scenario at that moment, he just wanted Shehnaaz to be fine.

"Thik hai...thik hai....Woh aur baby dono thik honge tu itne ajib way main kyun baat kar raha hai,dar mat" Shamita said and it irked him more.

"Please mom,stop all these.....Shehnaaz needs to be okay ..."He said, Shamita felt broken listening to him.