67(i)

Hello!
As I have told you guys that this chapter was getting extremely long so I have decided to split it into 2.... this is the first part,second one will be updated soon.... this is not a very eventful chapter but I still feel that you guys will enjoy reading this...

Upon reaching home they were cheerfully greeted by Shamita and Ashok.Shehnaz was trying hard to act normal and maintained a smile on her face,there were still a doubt in her mind,she knew the path ahead was going to be difficult, yet she kept those thoughts aside and focused on the present. She was feeling helpless few minutes back yet tried to be in
her regular self, she kept talking randomly to Shamita and Ashok but
Sidharth, in contrast, was troubled and distressed. He was struggling to concentrate on their talk, his thoughts continually drifted to how he could manage things remotely. He was unable to enjoy the happy atmosphere of their house and was quiet. He was still figuring out how he could do the assignment without leaving her.

The dining table was finally set with delicious food, and all of them sat around it, Sidharth and Shehnaaz sat near each other.

"Toh kahan gaye they?" Shamita asked looking at Sidharth but he was too lost to register what she said.

"Woh!!! We went out for coffee and then we went to my studio." Shehnaaz concealed the truth as they wanted to wait until their first ultrasound to announce their pregnancy.

"Acha... Sidharth kab ja rahe ho beta?" Ashok asked him after talking to Shehnaaz randomly.Sidharth was again silent, he was looking at the dining table aimlessly and was thinking something. Shehnaaz elbowed him and he suddenly fathomed that he was amongst others.

"Where are you lost?" Shamita asked.

"Woh... nothing...what did you ask?" he urged to know, Ashok asked again about his travel plans,he replied him in details and suddenly Shehnaaz felt a sharp pain,the feeling of helplessness and disappointment reappeared. She wanted him to be around her and had no idea how she would sail through this tough time without him.

"Shehnaaz khao, tun dono turn by turn lost kyun ho rahe ho?." Shamita asked when she saw that Shehnaaz was just fidgeting with a spoon.

"Yeah eating." She smiled ,she was hungry few minutes back but she realized that the smell of tempering of dal was unbearable for her. Sidharth held her hands under the table as he saw her face losing colours.

"Kya hua?" He whispered as others got busy.

"Cannot eat." she slowly replied,
the sight and smell of the food made her feel sick.

"Thoda sa kha le." He said sneakily.
She tried to take a bite of roti, but the taste made her feel pukish and on top of it the realization that he would not be there to take care of her,haunted her even more.

"are you okay? You have barely touched your food."Shamita noticed her uneasiness and asked,Shehnaaz managed to keep her emotions in check in front of the family, but she still felt like crying.

"I am fine,just not very hungry." Shehnaaz smiled reluctantly and replied.She knew she could not change the situation, but it still hurt her immensely to think of him leaving.her pregnancy hormones heightened her emotional sensitivity.

"Are you sure? You need to eat,you are looking sick Shehnaaz." Ashok stated.Sidharth observed her sudden change in demeanor, and he reached out to her,placing his hand on hers,under the table.

"Yeah,we went out in the evening, kuch kuch khai thi woh." Sidharth said,She looked at him, who nodded reassuringly. He knew she might vomit if she will eat forcibly.

"Ok,thoda sa kuch kha lo." Ashok adviced.

"I am not really hungry." she tried to muster a smile and said.