65

1 years later...

"Ma'am can I take your picture,please stand infront of your favorite art piece." A media person asked Shehnaaz,who was in no mood to get clicked,her eyes scanned the room full of people admiring her work,but he was missing,all her excitement had turned to frustration, and she started questioning whether she really meant anything to him or not.She was at her own art gallery,and had organized a multi artist art exhibition there, she really had to work hard for this and was extremely excited about it,to her uttere surprise it had turned out to be a successful event still she was not happy. The entire Shergil and Oberoi family had gathered for her art exhibition.Everyone out there was enamored by the sculptures created by her and just within a few hours, all her sculptures also got sold out.

" Wait a second" she said and looked around again, there were many ecstatic and overjoyed faces but that face was still missing . She was standing in the centre of the room, surrounded by her artwork yet she felt miserable,She had been excited for this day for months, but now she just wanted to disappear from there. It was the similar feelings which she felt during her low time when she was going through episodes of depression and anxiety.

"Hmmm.... here" she decided to stand infront of a stunning clay sculpture of a woman with a face which portrayed longing for something,her eyes looked hopeful yet empty. Shehnaaz smiled halfheartedly as the photographer snaped pictures of her.

"Madam say something about this sculpture" the media person asked.

"The name of this sculpture is "the eternal waiting",We human beings are always waiting for something or the other,chasing after things... our situation changes but this waiting game stays... it depicts that reality of life " she replied looking around the art gallery, still couldn't see Sidharth.

"Wow! What a thought" The journalist said.

"Can we have your picture with Mr Oberoi,he was here but I can't see him around" Shehnaaz felt irritated with that request, she had no idea why she was getting irritated with a drop of a hat, she blamed it on her super tight schedule and her approaching period and also feared that her anxiety was relapsing. Last 4- 5 days had been crazy for her. Her mood would take a 360 degree turn in a ziffy,one moment she felt ecstatic and the next month she would feel measurable.

"He had a important call to take,so he must be out somewhere, other artists are also here,please cover them as well...thank you" she smiled,he went away but she stood there,unmoved, glaring at that perticular sculpture.

The plight of the woman felt familiar to hers.The eyes of the sculpture stated longing for something that is yet to come,her expressions delineated patience and infinite wait. It symbolized the concept of waiting for someone with patient and hopefulness but there was an uncertainty attached to it,It depicted her own situation,She was the woman in the sculpture waiting for her husband to come to her,be with her without this constant reminder that they had limited time.

She had been doing this for last one year, and yet it seemed like no matter how long she waited, he always had something to do,somewhere to go.It was a big day for Shehnaaz. Her art exhibition was finally happening after months of hard work and dedication. but just as they were about to leave home, Sidharth began taking work calls, and continued taking them in the car as they headed to the exhibition which had made her irritated to no end.

But again he was the person who stood beside her like a rock when ever she felt like giving up,he had supported her wherever she had faced any difficulties and pushed her out of her comfort zone to work extra hard and she could clearly see the result today. She could never deny that she was blessed with a loving,dedicated and faithful husband who worked hard was always busy, but he was equally caring and devoted to her,never stepped back from uplift her,never hesitated to show her and the whole world how much he loved her.She was deep in her thoughts when she suddenly heard his voice.