63

It was a late Thursday night.He was was lying in bed, still in his formal wears, his arms wrapped around a pillow. The whole week,he was super busy and suddenly he felt a hankering longing for her, a deep ache in his chest that he couldn't really ignore.

He wanted to call her,to hear her voice, to feel her presence, but he knew she had college in the morning and it was already too late. He closed his eyes and tried to take a quick nap, but all he could think about was her. He wished he could be with her, to feel her arms around him and melt in her warmth.He was in Paris since last few days and was supposed to leave Paris in 2 days,had so many pending works to finish but he just didn't feel like working as well. After few more minuits of twisting and turning on the bed he decided to get up. He poured himself a glass of water and started walking towards the window of the luxurious hotel,where he was staying in Paris.His eyes got transfixed on the lit Eiffel Tower in the distance as he looked outside.He was stirred by a wave of memories of the love of his life:his wife Shehnaaz. He again felt like calling her, but the time difference made him give it a second thought.The time at his end was 10:00 pm,he had just returned from a formal dinner and was missing her terribly, wishing that she was by his side.

"Uff I miss you Shehnaaz" He sighed looking at his phone's lockscreen.He felt lonely and isolated,despite the bustling city of Paris around him.
His heart ached for her presence, wishing he could just hear her voice.He was lost in his thoughts, trying to imagine her next to him, when all of a sudden the Eiffel Tower lit up even brighter and the urge to call her escalated.He felt a bittersweet emotion,on one hand, he was in awe of the beauty of the Eiffel Tower and on the other hand, he was feeling a deep sense of longing and sadness from missing his wife and not being able to share this experience with her.

"Baby,are you sleeping?" He finally pinged her.

"Hmmm.... "She replied as soon as she received his message.

"So rahi hai?" he immediately called her up and asked as soon as she picked up the call.

"The time is 2:30AM here,what do feel people do at this hour of the day? and by the way if you have called me to seek permission to smoke then the answer is No."She replied sleepily.

"Why do you feel that I called you because I want to smoke ,waise tu aj kal neend main message type karne lagi hai?" He asked,His mood dramatically changed by just listening to her voice.

"aur kis liye karoge? Neither you have time for me nor you miss me." she said.Her complaining tone made him want to hug her.

"It even worse then missing actually," he told her,It was understandable that she was upset because of his busy work schedule and their being in different time zones made it hard to keep their communication consistent.

"How?" She asked.

"I don't simply miss you,I crave for you." he said and she smiled,she knew he wasn't lying but at the same time she has little miffed,not perticular miffed on him but on the situation they were in.

"How was your dinner?" She asked.

"Hmmm... boring.." he replied.

"Kyub aapki Elena nahin gai thi?" she said and he chuckled.

"Meri Shehnaaz hai bas...."he declared.

"Hmm.. Rehne do,jab dekho aapke saath saath hoti hai" she was irritated and even he knew that she was unnecessarily picking up fights to vent out her irritability.

"Acha... thik hai phir meri Elena ayi thi but.." he said joking but she didn't let him finish.

"How dare you?" she said, immediately converting the call to a video call.She was breathing fire but her beauty was like a dream:captivating and peaceful. He was so lost in her that he could not hear anything, he was just looking at her.