Chapter 2

~~~meanwhile, later that day~~~

"Are you sure about this? We don't know much about her, let alone enough to stay at the hotel. Especially when we don't know how she feels about this place..." Vaggie urged her partner as Charlie sat in the cushioned windowsill of her office.

"Well it's not like she's a complete stranger, I've met her before and she seemed nice enough." Charlie gently insisted, folding her arms across her chest and hugging herself as a source of self-comfort.

" 'Nice' and 'good' aren't always synonymous." The moth demoness replied softly, taking a step toward her partner and wrapping an arm around her. "She's an overlord with a reputation of violence. Do we need to bring another person like that into our situation?"

"With all due respect, my dear-" a static littered voice rang out from the far end of the room. "You're not exactly on a pedestal yourself! After all, here you are in Hell with every other sinner." Alastor chirped smugly, suddenly his microphone stand lit up and spoke as the deer demon adjusted his monocle. "It's a long fall off your high horse, sweetheart! Careful on the way down!"

"Speaking of violent overlords, get out." Vaggie spat through gritted teeth. But of course he did just the opposite and entered the room and joined the duo in their conversation.

"Alastor? Do you think it's a bad idea to have her stay here?" Charlie asked apprehensively. Figuring why not, might as well ask someone who might understand you better than her.

"To be perfectly frank my dear I just look forward to watching it all unfold! A spectacle she seems to be indeed and quite talented in her craft, why I admire her handiwork! And I don't just mean as a murderess, ahahaha!" Alastor laughed heartily while a short laughing track played from his microphone. Vaggie narrowed her eyes in dismay and Charlie just looked to the floor almost defeatedly.

"I think she's smart enough to not cause trouble." He continued. "For one, she would technically be interfering in the matters of a royal if she got in your way. Furthermore I like to believe she's more concerned about just doing her job. As long as we don't complicate it, why should she have a reason to stir up trouble? Take that with a grain of salt, mind you. I've never formally met her so you know her slightly better than I do."

"But we don't know if we can trust her. How she was in front of Lucifer and Lilith when Charlie met her could have been a facade." Vaggie pleaded.

"Again, welcome to Hell! You can't trust anyone!" Alastor chirped. "Look at it this way at the very least. Her powers combined with mine and Charlies would be more than enough to protect this hotel should something go awry, for as long as she's here anyway." The stag stated, looking at his clawed nails as he did so as if they were more interesting than the conversation.

" The stag stated, looking at his clawed nails as he did so as if they were more interesting than the conversation

"Well, she's already been picked up and we can't turn her away now. Worst case... hopefully we can just kick her out if it doesn't go well? And find someone else..." Charlie said optimistically yet quietly. She turned to face the window. Almost as if on cue, the familiar pink limo pulled up to the end of the walkway.

"Show time everyone!" The deer demon spoke in an announcers tone, turning on his heals and went out the door of the office. "Put on your dazzling smiling faces, we want our artful guest to feel welcome now don't we?"

~~your pov~~

You stepped out of the limo and thanked the driver, snapped your fingers and your bags were now at the door awaiting you to walk up the pathway. With your head held high you hummed a familiar tune as you approached the large, almost dilapidated building. Looking up you noticed it now said 'Hazbin' instead of 'Happy'. I'm assuming she knows about that?

You took a deep, even breath and straightened out your shirt, holding your hand outstretched to knock on the door in front of you.

Shave and a haircut; two bits!

Hardly a moment later the door swung- more like flung, wide open and a familiar cheery eyed blonde greeted you on the other side. "Hi there!! So nice to see you again! Please come in~" You found her eager energy somewhat adorable, all in all it was very refreshing to find someone who was innocently eager to see you.

"Very nice to see you again too, Charlie!" You replied warmly. She let out a soft laugh, probably from nerves. Stepping aside she gestured with her hand for you to enter and you obliged.

"Do you need help with your bags?" She asked. You smiled at her and raised your hand to snap your fingers but paused before doing so.

"No need! Just, uh, what room is it?"

"Um... 613, floor 8."

"Thanks!" And with a final snap your bags vanished; a whoosh was heard as your belongings had now been placed in your new temporary abode.

Charlie blinked owlishly at you for a brief moment before shaking her head to break her daze, you then turned to face the entourage at the far end of the lobby. One familiar face, the other not so happy to see you. You flashed them a small but genuine smile.

"That over there is my partner Vaggie~" Charlie stated, the blonde in question lowered her head keeping her gaze locked on you. You let out a soft sigh in amusement. Not a fan I suppose.

"And... This is Alastor." The tall, deer demon clad in red smiled wider as he kept a rather intense stare in your direction. His crimson and ruby red eyes literally lighting up with what you would assume was curiosity and a hint of excitement. To him, another overlord here was certainly going to be entertaining; one way or another. After all he found you quite interesting. Upbeat and whimsical yet elusive and somewhat devious. Not to mention you were one of the more attractive sinners in Hell, that was an attention grabber in itself.

You'd recognized him before from various meetings with overlords. The Radio Demon.

"There's more staff hiding around, you'll meet them later. Guys, this is Mirage." Charlie finished.

"Please, call me Y/n." You smiled. "Lovely to make your acquaintance."

"Pleasure to formally meet you, darling!" Alastor greeted you confidently, taking the upper-hand of introductions and took long strides toward you to shake your hand which you accepted with amusement. "Welcome to the hotel, a warm welcome indeed. Shall I show you around?" He asked in a crackly and very enthusiastic manner, his sharp toothy grin on full display. Even for being taller than you were in life, he had a few inches on you in height; not including his ears and antlers. Never the less you didn't find yourself intimidated.

"After dinner we can regroup in Charlie's office to discuss the job and terms of your temporary residency." His smile stretched impossibly from ear to ear. A part of you wondered how strong his facial muscles were, thinking how it must hurt to smile like that all of the time. Maybe he was just used to it. He had almost a century to practice, after all.

"Sounds wonderful! Lead the way." You smiled and looked back at Charlie who gave you a nervous smile and two thumbs up, before you turned to walk alongside Alastor down one of the long hallways.