Chapter 33

"I'm gonna go get Vaggie real quick and um... We'll do a toast and get this night started." Charlie said somewhat sheepishly, pink and red in the face as she slowly crept away from you too and went off to find her lover.

"You think she knows?" Alastor chuckled.

"Uh, yeah." You snickered. "Poor girl."

Charlie spotted Vaggie over by the stage where a band was setting up, who smiled softly at the site of her and jogged up to her. "Hey! Did you find her?" She asked.

Charlie nodded, and kept somewhat quiet. This bewildered Vaggie slightly as she furrowed a brow and led her toward the stage. "Where was she?"

"With Al."

"Doing...?" Vaggie pried. Charlie gave her a knowing look, blush still evident on her face, and Vaggie's eyes went wide as she made the connection.

"Nuff' said. Alright, ready hun?"

Charlie shook off the awkwardness and smiled at Vaggie, nodding as she took her hand in hers and they both walked up on stage. "If you get nervous I'm right here with you." Vaggie whispered in her ear for encouragement before they reached the microphone.

Charlie cleared her throat and tapped lightly on the microphone as the music came to a pause, the chatter in the room ceasing as you and everyone else turned to face her.

"G-Good evening everyone! So glad you could make it. As most of you already know, this is a very big deal to me and to many other citizens of Hell, a chance to redeem yourself and have a chance at peace in eternal paradise above. Away from the dismay, suffering and of course, the exterminations. I know a lot of you may be skeptical still, and I suppose in a way, I can't blame you. Nothing like this has ever been attempted here before. Look at it this way, it's a chance to feel something greater, to be a part of something bigger than yourself, a chance to be reunited with your loved ones who miss you, to feel happiness for the rest of your days. Who wouldn't choose that?"

You couldn't help the small smile creeping on your face at Charlie's words. Of course, you found your little piece of heaven right here, and had no plans on going anywhere. But, it was a comforting message to those who needed it.

"Furthermore, we're partially here to celebrate a job well done from someone who's grown on everyone here at the hotel, Y/n L/n; or, as most of you know her, Mirage." She gestured to you who stood with Alastor at the side of the stage, eyes redirecting to you as you couldn't help but grin with pride; giving a gentle wave to the crowd before looking back at Charlie as she spoke again. "Y/n, your creative drive and effort was exceptional. Your cooperation with the hotel crew has been outstanding, and we're very proud of your accomplishments. We thank you for your hard work, and we're glad to now consider you a friend. The staff and I wish you all the success and happiness that you deserve."

How touching, you thought, your smile softening as you looked at her and heard the applause from the crowd, even from Alastor who was beaming with a proud smile. It was a very sweet sentiment indeed, and you appreciated her words and the gratitude from the people here. It was a bit of a culture shock for you, but, you welcomed it nonetheless. Charlie gestured for you to come up onto the stage and say a few words, you nodded politely and made your way up the stage. Charlie, and surprisingly Vaggie as well, gave you a soft and brief hug before stepping back a bit to allow you to speak.

"Thank you, Charlie, for the amount of kindness and openness you've shared with me since my arrival here. Your acceptance knows no bounds, and I have no doubt that it can help you with this project. For those who are apprehensive to the idea, wondering if you'll be accepted here due to whatever sin's you've committed- trust me, if they can treat me of all people with the amount of kindness and respect that they have: they certainly will welcome you and try to help." You said chuckling softly, earning a few soft laughs from the crowd. "This has been a wonderful opportunity in my trade, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for choosing me for the job. You've made my stay here very welcome and inviting, and I'm sure that anyone here who decides to seek rehabilitation will receive the same treatment as well. I understand many sinners are doubtful and are debating this whole thing. As a sinner myself I cannot blame you. But, if the literal princess of Hell is willing to give you a chance, I think you should give yourself a chance as well. You miss all the shots you don't take, so why miss out on this one?"