Chapter 20

~~flashback~~

"Hey sexy, nice rack!" A gruff, phlegmy voice said. Your eyes darted in the direction of the sound as you walked along, no longer minding your own business. The source of the comment was from a rat demon about your height, with dingy and matted white fur and solid red and pink eyes. The next voice you heard came from what appeared to be a flapper girl, wearing a straight figured beige dress with tassels and short blonde hair styled into finger-waves. Her voice was lighter and thick with what seemed to be a Brooklyn accent, it almost reminded you of Betty Boop.

"Get lost, ya mangy dunce."

"Fuck did you just say?"

"I said, piss off!" She spat back, turning on her heels to walk away only to be stopped by him grabbing a hold of her upper arm; prompting you to approach and intervene.

"Get your grody paws off of me, pervert!" She yelled, now hitting him with her purse.

You grabbed the rat demons arm and approached as calm as you could, figuring if you could disarm him and defuse the situation it'd be easier to lure him away from her. If that didn't work, it just meant you'd just have to do this the mean way.

"Baby, did she stutter? Leave the little lady alone." You said sweetly. The two demons looked at you confused as all fuck, wondering if you had lost your mind. Unbeknownst to him, you gave a subtle wink at the woman; judging the expression change on her face it seemed as though she received your message well.

"Come on," you continued, batting your eyes at the rat and giving his arm a squeeze. "Let me show you why it'd be better off coming along with me~" you purred, adding a hint of rasp to your voice. As much as you hated this perpetual false flirtation, it was a tactic you had used plenty of times before; and you were quite convincing at it.

His eyebrows raised in surprise, taken aback by your offer. But once that sickening, shit-eating grin formed on his face you knew you had won and he took the bait. He let go of the woman's arm, and you kept him in your grasp as you lead him in the opposite direction of where she appeared to be headed.

"Fine piece of ass you are, sweetheart. Where are we goin'?" He asked, a smug expression carved into his features as you felt his eyes wander your physique. You stifled the urge to gag and roll your eyes at him, and instead kept looking straight ahead with an innocent smile.

"Nowhere far, baby."

Once you were at a less crowded part of the street, a good 10 or 20 feet away from where you found him, you stopped walking. He looked over at you confused.

"You forget where you were going?" He chuckled.

"No. I think here should be fine." You replied simply.

"Thought you would've liked somewhere more private." He said with a small laugh that stemmed from uncertainty.

"I don't mind an audience for what I'm about to do to you." Your irises glowed and your fangs elongated slightly as you faced him, your smile widening as you watched his face distort with concern.

"What the fuck? Who are you?" He stammered, trying to take a step back but your grip held him tightly.

"I could say I'm the embodiment of karma, but, that sounds pretentious and cheesy as shit. Really, I'm just... a very angry person with a little too much power." Your voice was now distorted, sounding as though it was layered with hundreds of other voices all woven together with yours; fading in and out like the wind. Your irises had faded to black matching the rest of your eyes, so dark it almost looked as though there were two hollow voids staring back at him. A thick, smokey black aura emanated off of you and moved as you did.