Chapter 29

(TW: depictions of torture, painful descriptions/ mental imagery; even I cringed a little writing parts of it.
A/n: twas inspired by certain scenes in American Psycho and House of 1000 Corpses. There's just something so jarring about jaunty music playing during a horrendous act.)

~~~~~~~~~~flashback continued~~~~~~~~

The sound of your footsteps echoed along the concrete floor, which was covered in newspapers and plastic. Clicking with a steady tempo as you stepped closer to your target. You heard his groggy, lazy groans growing in volume; getting louder as he slowly began to register his predicament. You placed a bag on a nearby table, in which was the wig, glasses and outfit you wore to lure him here with. You'd dispose of it when you got rid of the body. Now you adorned a simple outfit you didn't care about getting ruined, black tank-top and shorts with your hair pulled back into a ponytail.

You hummed as you stepped closer and closer until you finally reached him, standing behind and taking the blindfold off of him. You walked around his chair and stood in front of him and bent down to his height, smacking him with an open palm to really bring him to his senses.

"Good morning sleepy head!" You chirped.

He winced at the slap and blinked, his hazy gaze slowly focusing on you. His eyes narrowed in anger and confusion as you watched him realize it was you.

"What's the matter, buddy? Not happy to see me? I thought we'd get together, ya know? Have a happy little high school fuckin' reunion. You were so glad to see me last time, I almost thought you would have missed me."

He groaned and tried to yell but his words were unintelligible due to the gag in his mouth. You pulled out a cigarette from a pack in your back pocket and lit it with a lighter you had swiped from him while he was unconscious. "You really shouldn't mumble, babe." You said before taking a long drag and holding it for a second, and blowing it directly into his face, earning several coughs from him as well as made his eyes water a little. "Oh wait a minute, duh, let me get that for you."

You yanked the rag out of his mouth causing him to spit and sputter onto the floor.

"Hmph. You aged pretty well since graduation, but, you look better with the gag in."  You huffed and grabbed his chin with a good grip and flicked ash onto his nose despite his attempts to wriggle out of your grasp.

"You fucking bitch. You dumb slut you can't keep me here-"

"I will do whatever the fuck I want, bud. Just like you did six years ago in the back of that fucking car."You sneered through gritted teeth before taking another deep drag, then put it out on his cheek causing him to yelp and grunt as he continued to squirm. "Besides, I'm not keeping you here. This space is just temporary. What I have in store for you, however... That is much more permanent."

He started yelling and hollering, letting out ear piercing screams for help. Your grin widened, comparable to that of the cheshire cat, as your hand tightened even more on his chin and dug your nails into his skin lightly. "Shane, literally no one can hear you. Look, see, I'll scream too! Watch, watch! AGHHHHHH SOMEBODY HELP~!" You screamed just as loud if not louder than he did, only to laugh right in his face right after. He quieted and his breath became more panicked as your laugh taunted him, the reality of his situation really setting in.

"This could have all been avoided." You said quietly, "but you made your choice. You knew it was wrong, you knew how bad it could fuck somebody up, and you did it anyway. I've had a taste of revenge, Shane. Just a taste~ and it's so sweet. Others, less significant to me but just as worthless. Flies in my web; caught, captured, killed. Made to feel just as helpless and powerless as I felt. But you..."