Chapter 64

"Ohhhh Billy boy~"

You sang in a sharp, high falsetto. The lights in the building short circuiting, flickering with an audible hum. Alastor's sinister cackle could be heard reverberating through the rooms, bouncing off the walls and growing louder.

"Oh don't be shy, honey." You called out, dragging your claws along the wall as you walked. Leaving dark, black scratches in your wake that seemed to spread out through the paint like veins of ink; shrouding each room in darkness behind you. "We heard you wanted to play!"

Alastor lurked in the shadows of the shop while you hung out on the front lines as a distraction. Charlie, Angel Dust, Vaggie, and even Viola surrounded the building; blocking off any visible entryway they could find. Andrew was the one who gave you a heads up on when he'd be here again.

You just hoped that the fucker didn't realize Viola was gone and then ran off.

William was, in fact, hiding under a desk in his office once he spotted your sudden arrival. Thoroughly pissed at himself that he left his weapons at home, as yours and Alastor's taunts crept closer and closer.

He was initially alerted of your arrival as the bulb in his office blew and left him in the dark room, followed by the sound of your taunting laughter. He scrambled to move through his office, unable to see well. He stumbled and tripped to the over side of the room and he peaked out the small windows at the top of the walls.

'Shit.'

There was his son looming out in front, standing tall and -to be honest- quite intimidating. Baring his fangs in a large toothy grin, his face almost skeletal. His eyes deep and sunken looking, piercing red radio dials flickered in place of pupils. Antlers sharper, more proud and prominent.

You stood with him, in all your demonic glory. Sporting a wide grin of your own, eyes like smokey hollow voids. Your claws and canines elongated and on display. A dark fog seemed to follow your moment in traces. You both looked like something out of a horror film. Soon enough as the two of you stepped inside.

"We just want the bull." You sneered in regards to the other employees and folks in the shop; who looked at the two of you in pure terror. "The rest of you, run."

Not wanting to waste even a second they others left the building posthaste, you and Al watched carefully to make sure William wasn't hiding amongst the crowd and trying to make a break for it.

As soon as the bull had heard the main door shut behind you, he glanced back our the window and took note of the small army of your friends circling the perimeter of the shop.

He was almost cornered.

Watching the security cameras to find the two of you was a lost cause, Alastor sent out a handful of his shadow minions to quickly cover each one or disable them completely. He could hear the two of you, but he couldn't pin point which direction you were coming from. Your voices seemed to reverberate and echo with an almost disorienting fashion.

Luckily for him, he had thought quickly. There was a cellar door underneath the rug beneath his desk that led to an underground passageway, he had tunneled it himself some decades ago; in the event he ever needed to make a break for it. He just needed to find the key to unlock it.

"Aren't you gonna say hello?" Alastor's voice sneered, you could hear him smile as he spoke. Creeping in the shadows somewhere around you. Where exactly you couldn't pinpoint, but, you could feel his presence lingering around you like a cold chill. The chase was almost a rush in itself, especially for Alastor. Your heart was pounding in your chest, exhilarated by the adrenaline. Killing was fun, but the hunt could be just as exhilarating. Al was calm and collected, which surprised you a little after witnessing his reaction to the news yesterday. You supposed he felt confident that he was in control of the situation. You did have the upper hand, after all.