Chapter 67

"You're having twins!"

"Shut the fuck up. Are you serious?" You asked.

"How- What?" Charlie stuttered, just as bewildered as you.

"You're kidding right?"

"There's baby number one," Nancy said, using her mouse cursor to point at one of the spots on the screen before panning over to the other. "And there's baby number two."

"I'm gonna pass out." You murmured.

"Me first." Charlie chuckled, placing a hand over her racing heart.

"Like, you're glasses aren't messing you up?" You asked half jokingly. "There's really two demon spawns in there?"

"Two, virtually healthy babies~!" Nancy grinned. "You're very early to find out too, most don't know until 10 to 12 weeks. Surprise!" She chuckled.

You couldn't help it, you felt embarrassed to do so, but you started crying again. This time because you were overwhelmed with joy and surprise. Not only was everything okay on your end, but you had two little bundles of joy instead of just one. You weren't even prepared for just the one a few days ago, now there were two. You pinched yourself on the arm to prove that you weren't dreaming, sure enough you felt that brief amount of pain and it reassured you.

"With this sort of luck, I'm buying a lottery ticket when we leave." You sniveled, wiping the river of tears from your cheeks. Several more happy tears streamed down your face as you looked down at your stomach in awe. "I wonder how Al will react."

"I don't think he'll believe it." Charlie giggled, close to happy tears along side you.

"I don't either."

"Well," Nancy gently chimed in, handing you a few sonogram photos. "here's a few snapshots of the ultrasound. So in case he doesn't believe your word, you have tangible proof." She chuckled.

"My babies..." you marveled, looking at the photo in your hands. Who would have thought you'd be in sentimental overload over two dots on a black screen? You were so grateful. Now you were rooting for Alastor to pull through more than ever, you wanted to share this surprise with him. You wanted to see the look on his face when you told him, and wanted him to meet his children in 8 some odd months. You held onto this mental picture with a death grip, who would have thought that this is where your existence would take you? To fall in love and start a family, even beyond the grave.

"I love them already..."

"They love you too." Charlie said, looking at the photo and then back up at you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, sorry we dipped out for a bit." You sighed, Charlie at your side as you both walked back over to the ward where they were fixing up your fiancé. Vaggie and Andrew picking their heads up amd sitting straight as they heard your voice and approaching footsteps. "Please tell me there's no bad news?"

"No news so far." Vaggie sighed.

"No news is good news in this case," you sighed. "Kinda.."

"Are you okay?" Vaggie asked.

"Yeah. I'm alright."

"Is everything good?" She pried with a knowing look. You and Charlie exchanged glances before looking back at the other two.

"Yes." You smiled softly. "Yeah, all good on my end. All things considered... Still a little panicked for Alastor but that's a given."

"It's been like almost two hours now," Andrew sighed. "How long were you being treated when you were here,Y/n?"