𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 - 𝐀 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Hey, author here! I just wanna say a big thanks for over 40 views on the first chapter and 212 views in total! I'm happy you enjoy my book! Enjoy this chapter :)

After I ate my arepa, Mirabel wanted to talk to me. Alone. Camilo was curious of course, but she told him it's girls' business. Was it really? Or just an excuse? We went into the nursery.

"Sooo.. what did you wanna talk about?" I asked her.

"You were asking why I hate Camilo, right?"

"Oh! Yeah, right.."

"Well, I'm gonna tell you. I don't exactly hate him.. I rather hate myself."

"W-what?"

"When we were younger, Camilo and I were like the bestest of friends and we talked and played together a lot. And then he turned five and was given a gift. A gift of being able to shape-shift. I thought it was really cool, and he also used it to entertain me. He would do plays for me, or make funny impressions of someone when I'm sad. A month later, I turned five, and.."

"..you didn't get a gift, huh?.." I added to her.

"Yeah.. That.. But anyways, I was really sad after my ceremony. And Camilo did the sweetest thing for me, none has ever done. He would use his gift as little as possible, so I wouldn't feel bad that I don't have a gift. And a couple years later, everyday, he would wash the dishes for my mom Julieta, and help gather wood for my dad Agustín, just so he could take me to the market and buy me one thing each day that I would choose. I didn't have a gift, but Camilo gave my tons of gifts. He made me feel special."

"Woah.. Camilo did all that, just for you?"

"Yeah.. I still think about those days. It also helps me to be happy whenever someone mentions that I don't have a gift. But as he grew, he started getting more and more responsibilities in the village, and barely even talked to me. I was left alone with my dad and tío Felix to do the chores in the Casita.."

I hugged her. I literally felt so bad for her, and I was also happy we found each other. I was able to be here for her, when Camilo wasn't. And also, I hate it when people are sad.

"Wait, Dolores heard all this, is it okay?"

"Yeah, it's alright. She's his sibling after all."

"Who knew Camilo was such a sweetheart.." I said quietly.

"What?" Mirabel pulled away from the hug and looked at me confused.

"What? Oh- Did I say that out loud?"

"Yes you did." Mirabel smirked at me. "Dolores heard that as well."

"Oh no.. SHE'LL TELL HIM!"

"YES SHE WILL!"

"NOOO!"

I ran to the door, and quickly opened it. Pepa was outside the room, about to knock.

"Oh, señora Pepa! Sorry if I scared you."

"Oh, no it's fine. And please, call me tía."

"Alright.."

"I just came here to take Antonio's things to his room, since he's not gonna be in here anymore."

"Oh, okay."

"Tía! I have a question, since you're here." Mirabel said.

I ran out the door to see Camilo, about to go upstairs. I was looking for Dolores. And I found her! She was already running down the stairs.