𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 - 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮?..

Camilo's p.o.v:

"SHE'S GONE! RIVER'S GONE!" I went rushing in the Casita, panicking. River just disappeared before my eyes.

"You just probably killed my ears Camilo-" Dolores came from upstairs.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry, River's missing! She disappeared.. before my eyes! What do I do?!"

"Oh god, you're in horrible state. What do you mean? You know what, I'll get mamá and tía Julieta before you catch a cold. You're soaking wet!" She said and ran off. In the meanwhile I went to sit down in the kitchen.

"Camilo?.. ay Díos mio! What happened?" My mamá came with tía Julieta behind her.

"Why did you stay in the rain? Oh Camilo.." She said and started preparing some food, meanwhile my mom put a blanket that she bought over me.

"Explain."

"Well we were just hanging out and- It started raining and we- I'm gonna skip that but then, she said she's meeting a friend so I went with her and she has some kind of powers and they- THEY DISAPPEARED!-"

"Calm down hermano, deep breath in, deep breath out.." Dolores said. I listened to her, it helped a bit.

"We'll find her, don't worry. Where do you think they went?" My mamá asked me. I looked at the ground with a frown.

"Somewhere you won't be able to get to." Someone said. I lifted my head up and Hugo stood there next to us.

"Y-you.. How?-" Dolores said in shock. So was my mamá.

"I have powers, and don't worry. I'm River's close friend. Camilo knows me, right?"

"Yeah.." I mumbled.

"I'll figure something out, in the meantime we have to hope for a miracle."

"That doesn't sound good.. What's gonna happen to her?"

"I can imagine a lot of things, but you don't have to know. You'll freak out even more."

"Of course I'll freak out, I- I care about her, okay?"

"What if I'm gonna hear her?" Dolores suggested.

"That's impossible, she's.. nowhere.."

"What do you mean nowhere?!" I widened my eyes in shock.

"It's complicated, really. She's gonna tell you though."

"Yeah, if we find her alive!" Tears came into my eyes.

"We will. Well, I will."

"No way, I'm gonna help you find her."

"I said it's impossible for you!"

"Then explain it! Explain everything! The symbol, our miracle fading, the girl, her mind reading powers!"

"Mind reading? Are you feeling fine Camilo?" Tía Julieta came with an arepa in her hand. I immediately took it from her.

"If the girl isn't lying, then she has mind reading powers. Besides, she gave me a kiss when I wanted to. A different one, but still counts."

"A.. kiss?" Dolores' eyes shone with excitement.

"Yeah. Now shut up."

"I'll try communicating with her. It's impossible, but worth a try." Hugo said and closed his eyes.

River's mind..

River, can you hear me?

Y-yeah..! How are you here though?

No time for explaining, I can't hold it for too long, how are you and where are you?!

I'm inside my mind, don't worry. I'm fine. She's gonna let me go as soon as I'm done with her. I promise! Is Camilo with you?

Yeah, he's here. It looks like he's about to cry.

No! Tell him I'm fine, don't let him cry. I'm fine! Literally, not a scar! I'm gonna get out soon!

Camilo's p.o.v:

".. I'm gonna get out soon." Hugo repeated what River probably told him. I still don't get it, but I'll believe him that she's communicating with him.

"I need to see her.. I never thought I won't be able to see her when I want. I always had her close, somewhere in the house or in the village." I said.

"River knows how to handle it. She knows her for more than 5 years. You don't have to worry." It was like if I could read from his eyes that he's worried the same as me. Why is he lying? Was River also lying about her condition?..

"Maybe you should just go to sleep amor." My mamá said.

"It's only 6 p.m. though."

"I know, it'll make you feel better."

So I went upstairs and into my room. I quickly rushed to the nearest mirror and shapeshifted into River.

"Hola Río.. Good to see you again." I know it's weird, but it makes me feel better. Somehow. "I never got to examine you into detail. You have freckles? Then why didn't I notice them yet.. Black silky hair. Beautiful greenish-blue eyes. Not a piece of plastic surgery and yet you're still perfect. More perfect than Isabela was before the Casita fell. Goodnight princesa, stay safe."

I shapeshifted back, removed my ruana, pat 'Camilo Jr.' as River named him and went to sleep.

The next day, 7 a.m.

"Good morning Camilo Jr.! Good morning myself and good morning.. Río.." I said when I woke up full of energy. I came up to my door leading into the hallway and then I remembered that River's not here.

I gotta ask him what he meant by 'impossible for me to get there'. They're hiding something. I thought and opened the door. I went downstairs and into the kitchen where Hugo was consulting with Abuela, probably about what happened yesterday.

"How can someone other than our family have powers?" Abuela said.

"It's not a blessing like yours, instead she learned how to manipulate it. And it's not normal magic. It's dark magic.." Hugo said.

"Good morning." I said.

"Good morning Camilo. Feel free to grab something for breakfast." Abuela turned to me and then continued with Hugo.

"Really? Thanks, I thought I'll starve to death." I mumbled sarcastically. If River was here, I would say it out loud just to hear her laugh. I listened carefully to their conversation while slowly preparing my breakfast, in purpose.

"When are we planning to save her?" Abuela asked.

"Actually, I'm planning to. Because it's impossible for you to get there, only I can save her."

"What do you mean?"

"She's kinda in.. another universe, I could say.."