𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

"Sorry we're late!" Mirabel said after we rushed in the dining room and sat down next to each other. I was sitting between Mirabel and Isabela, and Camilo was sitting opposite me. I nervously smiled.

"Alright, you're excused. Since we're all here, I have an announcement to make." Señora Alma said. I think we were only excused cause there were guests here.

"River, I suppose you don't know why you're here?"

"Yes, you're right. I have no idea." I answered nervously.

"Well then, I saw a connection between you and Camilo, and I have a perfect idea." She mentioned Camilo. Connection? I looked at Camilo confused. He was nervous. I looked back at señora Alma as she continued.

"So I went to find your relatives, and I found your brothers Matthew and Hugo." Hugo? Relative? What the hell is she talking about? Is Hugo involved in this?

"And I got permission from them, to make you and Camilo an arranged marriage in 5 years!" I widened my eyes in shock, and Camilo was drinking at that time so he started choking.

"Camilo! Señor Félix, do something!" I said worryingly. Why am I worried? Oh, right. I was always worried about people. I'm just that kind of person.

Félix patted his back, and Camilo stopped choking. He looked at me really sadly, as if he was saying something. Something like 'I'm sorry'. Why?

"To a perfect night! Salud!"

"Salud!" Everyone said after señora Alma.

We all started eating. I was trying not to look bad, and smiled all the time. This is where my anxiety kicked in. I was always insecure about my looks. I snapped out of my deep thoughts when Camilo started changing into different people and then back to himself. His face was a bit off. His jaw was hanging out and his eyes were looking in different directions.

"Camilo, fix your face." Señor Félix said. Camilo fixed his face and then looked at me. I quickly looked at my plate and tried to hold in a chuckle. A few seconds later, señor Félix spat out water from his mouth. It made Mariano wet a bit, as it landed on him.

"Mirabel! The cream please." Señora Alma said.

"Pá, the cream?" Mirabel asked her father for the cream. They both had big but nervous smiles. He handed a bowl of cream to Mirabel, she handed it to me and I handed it to Isabela till it got to señora Alma. And I finally figured what was going on. I saw Félix whispering something to Pepa, and she was gazing at Mirabel in shock. A huge cloud was forming above her.

"Pepa, the cloud." Alma said.

"Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies.." Pepa whispered to herself. A while later Pepa whispered to Julieta. Mirabel started drinking to hide herself. I think it's not gonna help.

I saw beneath Mirabel forming cracks, and she saw them too. She leaned under the table.

"Mirabel?" Mariano said.

"Argh! Yes..?" Mirabel hit herself in the head when going back above the table.

"Everything.. okay?" Mariano asked her.

"Everything is great. She's just excited. For you to propose. Which, uh, you should do.." Agustín helped Mirabel answer.

"Yes!" Mirabel confirmed.

"..as fast as you can!" Agustín added.

"Uh, I was actually gonna.." Mariano said.

"You were actually gonna. Great!" I said to help Mirabel get out of the situation and I turned Isabela's chair so it would face Mariano.

"Well, since everyone here has a talent, my Mariano wanted to begin with a song! Luisa, could you bring off the piano?" Señora Guzmán said.

"Okay.." Luisa started crying and she went to get the piano.

"I'm coming with her!" I stood up.

"Are you sure, dear?" Señora Guzmán asked me.

"Yes! I'm sure. She's gonna need help.. to choose which piano to bring! There are lots of piano's in the Casita for sure." I said and ran off after Luisa.

"Luisa! I know we haven't talked together that much but I think you should know. Your gift is super strength! You can lift up anything. Don't worry about carrying too much, there's never too much for you! But of course, you can't help the village everyday. They should start taking care of themselves, and you can take a break anytime you want. Just never forget, you have super strength, there's never too much weight for you!" I said quickly, trying to help her because I knew that her gift was fading, probably because of her insecurities.

"Woah.. thanks River. I needed that." Luisa said, and picked up the piano like a feather. We came back to the dining room and we saw a huge disaster.

"Mirabel and River found Bruno's vision. Mirabel's in it, she's gonna destroy the magic and now we're all doomed!" Dolores yelled out. She was right. Me and Mirabel are doomed.

Everyone was terrified about the situation. Mirabel picked up a tray with all of the prophecy shards put back together. It fell from her hands and slid down the whole table, stopping right in front of señora Alma. There was a huge cloud above the whole table, Camilo shape-shifted into a baby with a mustache, Isabela made a flower grow from the ground, and it broke Mariano's nose and Dolores was holding her head with both hands. Even though she told on us, I still pity her because this must be really loud for her. Cracks were everywhere around the room. A strong wind opened a window behind Dolores and Camilo.

"Felicidades! (Congratulations)" The townspeople congratulated outside, but were disappointed after seeing they're not done yet. A big rain started to fall from the huge cloud Pepa created. Everyone ran out of the room, all soaking wet.

Mariano was crying, and ran away with his mother.

"Señora, por favor! (Madam, please)" Señora Alma ran after them.

"Abuela, please..!" Mirabel ran after her abuela.

"..There's gotta be an explanation!" I ran after Mirabel, but we both stayed outside of the room.

"I hate you!" Isabela said to Mirabel and me, running after señora Alma.

"Isabela, it's not their fault!" Luisa ran after Isabela, why was she standing up for us? Was it because how I comforted her?

"Mirabel, we'll talk later." Agustín said to Mirabel and ran after the others.

"What did you do?!" Pepa asked us, she was clearly mad and had a small thundercloud above her head.

"We're not doing anything! It's Bruno's vision! It's-" I answered Pepa, but then Mirabel interrupted me.

"-River, look!"