𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 - 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐨'𝐬 𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

"How many times have you been getting hurt?!" I asked Hugo while supporting him and slowly walking to the village again.

"I don't know, I'm not counting it!"

"Why can't you just protect yourself?"

"It's dark magic River."

"Well what if it's dark magic? That doesn't matter, you should be able to fight it!"

"Well I'm not. Let me just teleport us to Julieta, it's gonna be faster."

"You still have energy for that?"

"It'll be my last use of power for an hour now, but I don't care."

"But they can't know you have powers, the Madrigals are supposed to be the only ones with powers in the village!"

"Since Julia is the main danger right now, it doesn't matter if they'll know or not."

"Are you sure?.." He ignored my question and teleported us in the kitchen. Antonio was there, stealing arepas with Camilo.

"Hermano..?" Antonio addressed his brother as he saw us teleport in here.

"Hm?" Camilo turned around from the plate full of arepas. "Oh, hey River-"

"Camilo, they just teleported here!"

"What?"

"Ignore it for now, where's tía Julieta?" I said and asked them.

"She's still at her food stand, why?" Camilo answered.

"Why?! Can't you see why?!" I said and placed Hugo on a chair.

"Oh, you. Where were you? I haven't seen you around here that much."

"No time for explaining, give me one of the arepas!" I said.

"Are you crazy? These are ours."

"GIVE ME!"

"Geez, okay.." He said and he reached out to hand me one of the arepas.

"Eat this.." I said and gave it to Hugo.

"T-thanks.." He said and started eating it.

"So, mind explaining now that he's eating?"

"That's a long story, you'll figure it out yourself soon."

"You always say that. But I'll ignore it."

"Thank you.."

"Why are you.. thanking me?"

"For being patient. I'm just scared things will be different between us, once you find out. So it's better if you'd wait than figuring out right now."

"Why would something be different?" He said and came closer to me, since he was across the whole room.

"I don't know.."

"No matter what, you will always be the River I know. Nothing will change, alright?" He said and grabbed my hand.

"No- I mean- What if.. something happens? Something I won't expect. I won't be ready. I wouldn't be able to protect you-" I got startled once he grabbed my hand. I started panicking a bit.

"Hey, it's fine.. Don't worry."

"I want you to know so badly. I really do! But I just can't explain it to you like that, it's not easy.."