𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞.. 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡?

!!! Swearing !!!

River's p.o.v:

"Wake up.." Someone said. Was it Camilo?
"Wake up." They repeated. I wish it was Camilo. But it's not. I found out as soon as I opened my eyes.

"W-what?.. Oh, it's you."

"Happy to see you too." Julia said annoyed.

I was in a room. It was pretty dark, so dark, that I couldn't even see the walls. I was tied to a chair. My arm where the symbol was hurt again, horribly. My whole body hurt. Do I have scars on my body? How did they get there though? I tried to ignore the pain, because Julia was standing right in front of me.

"Now tell me, where am I?"  I asked her, trying to keep calm.

"Darling, this is your living hell."

"What do you mean?.."

"Your own mind."

"Well then, my mind isn't a living hell- Wait- How did you get in my mind..?!"

"Simply, I replaced that bastard."

Hugo.. "Are you crazy?! That's not even possible-" I laughed a bit.

"With my dark magic it is. Why would you even want him, he's a bitch."

"Don't. Call. Him. That."

"Remember, 'Plan B'?" She said and smirked.

"Yeah, you said that before getting me here. You're lucky Hugo can't kill you."

"Hugo, Hugo, Hugo.. Always him. Why can't you defend yourself  for once. Hm?"

I was silent and bowed my head.

"That's right, you can't. Imaginary friends are only given to people that don't have friends and can't stand up for themselves. You're one of them."

Don't listen to her. Don't listen to anything she says. It's not true. I kept telling myself.

"Shut up and tell me what're you talking about."

"He simply lied to you, River."

"NO HE DIDN'T!" I yelled at her. Calm down River. You don't wanna start a fight, you have nothing.

"I'll tell you the whole story. Remember that one situation in third grade? The one when you made that paper ball disappear. I saw everything. And since then, I started studying magic. If it really exists. I didn't find anything, but I was given an imaginary person, just like you. I wouldn't call it a friend, he was never my friend."

"I made him my slave. He taught me dark magic, since he told me that good magic isn't supposed to exist, and is hard to control. I didn't use it in public of course. I stopped using it to focus more on my studies since I left your class. And he left me. He just simply transfered to another person. I thought it was okay, since I didn't need him anymore. But a few days ago I found out who he transferred to."

"I'm not surprised, you're a horrible person. I mean, who would want to be with you?"

"You wanna know his name?"

"Go on."

"He.. The one who taught me dark magic.. The one lying to you."

"W-what?.."

"Hugo. He was my imaginary person. But you stole him from me! I wouldn't care, but I can't just let someone like you have him. So that day, when I saw him, I went to talk to him. We had a small chat and he told me that you went into a parallel universe."

"N-no way.. Y-you're l-lying!.." I was confused. Tears came into my eyes.

"Aww, heartbroken? Deal with it, baby."

"I AM NOT A FREAKING BABY YOU BITCH! Talk about age, I'm way older then you!!" I yelled at her again. The chair almost fell over with me. Then I saw a flickering Hugo behind Julia.

"Hugo?!" I said, happy to see him. Julia turned around.

"What?! No way!-" She said and then disappeared. Hugo was no longer flickering.

"River, can you hear me?" He asked. I guess he couldn't see me.

"Y-yeah..! How are you here though?"

"No time for explaining, I can't hold it for too long, how are you and where are you?!"

"I'm inside my mind, don't worry. I'm fine. She's gonna let me go as soon as I'm done with her. I promise! Is Camilo with you?" I asked when I remembered Camilo. He saw me disappear.

"Yeah, he's here. It looks like he's about to cry."

"No! Tell him I'm fine, don't let him cry. I'm fine! Literally, not a scar! I'm gonna get out soon!" But then he disappeared. Julia got into his place again.

"Enough of this chit chat, he's a liar remember?"

"I don't care, he's my best friend."

"Pfft.. Pathetic. Maybe you should learn how to let go of your friends."

"No way, I'm not like you. I'm not a spoiled bitch who thinks she's a grownup just because she's tall, rich and popular."

"How dare you! Look, I went to find you in the different universe to ask you a favor, since you're the second person to learn magic." She said and came closer.

"Hah, favor. I'll never do anything you'll want." I rolled my eyes and then stared at her with anger.

"Really? You really don't want to see Hugo, everyone in Encanto and magic ever again?"

"What?-" My eyes widened.

"You have a choice to make. We both want to teach the world that magic exists. And I want people to control dark magic, since it's way better then good magic."

"What the heck is your problem?! Dark magic isn't good! I will never join you!"

"So you either join me, start controlling dark magic and see everyone including Hugo again or stay on earth forever and never see him and the others again. What's it gonna be?"