𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

"River, over here!" Someone called. I saw Mirabel waving at me. I came to them.

"Oh, behind these bushes. You're hidden really good!" I said and chuckled.

"Yeah, what do you think?" Mirabel asked.

"You did a great job, it's beautiful!"

"Thanks!"

"And also, Dolores.." I said and looked at her. She made that squeak sound.

"I thought I told you not to tell someone."

"You told me not to tell Camilo."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean 'spread fake rumours around the town'!"

"Oops." She said and chuckled.

"I don't understand??" Mirabel said.

"I'll tell you!" Dolores said and started whispering in her ear.

"Ughhh." I said annoyed.

"I thought maybe we could be friends, but if you can't keep a secret I don't think we can."

"Ooooooh~" Mirabel said and smirked after what she heard from Dolores.

"Okay, this is the last time. I know how to keep a secret, I'm sorry!" Dolores said and chuckled.

"Are you sure?"

"I promise!"

"Alright then. When should I be here?" I asked.

"It's gonna be starting around half past seven." Mirabel said.

"Alright. I'll get going now then, since you already prepared it."

"Wait, do you wanna stay for lunch?" Dolores asked me.

"I don't think I can.."

"Of course you can, Abuela won't mind!"

"Well I-"

"Girls?! Abuela said, lunch is ready!" Antonio called from the entrance of his room. He closed the door and went back.

"Come on!" Mirabel said and grabbed my arm.

"Well, I guess I will never get to choose."

"Yep!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"River, you decided to join us today!" Abuela said when she saw us coming in the dining room. Félix, tía Julieta, Luisa, Antonio and Camilo were already there with Abuela. A few of them still remained.

"Yeah! Of course, I decided." I said and emphasized my tone on the words 'I decided' so Mirabel would notice.

"Camilo you finished your chores really fast. And, didn't you say you'd come back for me when you're finished?"

"Well I finished and then I tried to find you. But a few seconds after, Abuela called for lunch."

"Oh, alright then." I said and sat down next to him.

"While we wait, why don't you tell us about yourself River?" Félix said and in the meanwhile Dolores sat down next to me and Mirabel opposite us.

"Well, uh.. My full name is River Woods, I'm from a small town and my favourite colors are black and white, because it symbolizes the Yin Yang symbol."