The House of a Father

You all stare up at Crow Father. Large black wings shrouded the sky above.

'Father?'
'Yo Dadza!!!!'

The silence was deafening.

●●●●

Phil lands at a large slightly unkempt house. It sat 80 or so Y in the air. Large unruly yet still oddly well-maintained trees made excellent spots for you to perch or make nests.

The chirps of birds filled the air and Phil pulled a key from a sliver in the wall where the wall and the doorframe met.

'Father?'
'HOME'
'Oh hey!'
'Missed this place!'
'Didnt mom like- get kidnapped from here?'
'Shhhhhut up Agatha! We're making progress!'

"Shhh! Guys! You're going to draw attention!" Phil hissed.
He slotted the key into the keyhole and creaked the door open.

The home inside was surprisingly open. A large nestlike couch sat in front of a long-dead radio. Kristin's favorite board game sat innocently on a table beside it. The lamp over it long since unplugged.

A large fluffy rug, pink with age sat between the table and the couch. A pillow still sat in Wil's spot because otherwise, he'd fall through it without anyone noticing until he was already halfway through the floor.
After that, he'd drop like a rock.

A large tree trunk split the area into 2. Separating the living room and the dining/kitchen. Leaving the door open, Phil walked farther into the house. His hand grazed the board game.

'7 Ways to Crash'. It was, quite frankly, a stupid game. But Kristin enjoyed it and none of them had the heart to say no.
Even though Wil much preferred Scrabble or Catan, and Techno much preferred Risk or Philosophia. Admittedly, Phil much preferred mindless games like Candy Land or Mancala. He found that Techno also got way too bored while playing anything other than mindless games or Philosophia.
I suppose there was always something about History that got him.

'Nerdnoblade!'
'Technonerd'
'Wtf is "Philosophia"'
'I like candy and!'
'**Candyland'
'Gawd Monica get it right'
'Why are we always bullying people with girl names? Why not Sam'
'Or Steve'
'HOW DARE YOU!'
'STEVE IS THE BEST POLAR BEAR THERE IS!'
'U should be ashamed'
'B A B A'

Phil sighed and walked further into the house.
His hand traced the pattern of the tree as his eyes trailed over his kitchen.

The icebox sat idle as well as the furnace. Although there was a distinct lack of smell of rotting or dust. Phil walked further into the kitchen. He placed a hand at the mouth of the furnace and stared into the mouth of it. No embers were left in it but it was still warm.

He pulled the icebox open. Cold hit his face like a f*cking train. Everything in there was fresh too. Some it is half-eaten.
The f*ck?
Squatters probably. Though the place can't legally be sold considering Phil still pays for everything.

Electricity, water, all the works. Had just- he wanted to make sure it was as close as possible to how Kristin left....

'We're losing him!'
'Quick someone start singing!'
'I'M A BARBIE GIRL IN A BARBIE WORLD'
'Why that one?'
'Of all songs out there....'
'NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP-'
'AAAAH!'
'Rickrolled!'
'Never gonna let you down'
'Never gonna turn around and dessert you'
'Never gon turn you around and desert you!'
'One of you is wrong and surprisingly, it's not the second one'
'They're both wrong'
'Ok Harrold'
'Aaaaye! Inclusiono'

"Shut up," Phil huffed turning towards the stairs which stood on the other side of the tree, between the 2 areas.
When Phil was younger he used to think stairs were a waste of space.
Why need them when you could just fly?!
He kept that mentality until he adopted 2 Phantom babies.