Chapter Sixteen - The Start of an Escape

"Where are we going, lad?" I asked Will as Leon and I followed him down a very familiar alleyway.

"Just trust me," Will said shortly.

The deeper into the alleyway we went, the more recognizable the alleyway became. I searched my memories to figure out where I had known it from and I stopped suddenly. I had realized how I had known it.

"Bloody hell, Turner." I muttered, "You've got to be kidding me."

"What?" He asked, turning around.

"Kyra, what's the matter?" Leon asked.

"You don't actually think he'll listen to you, honestly?" I asked, tilting my head and crossing my arms.

"He's the best chance at saving Elizabeth. He's got to listen." Turner said, his eyes going all doey and sad on me.

"Turner, is this 'puppy love' really worth sacrificing your life?" I asked him, my tone serious.

"Kyra, he's in a cell, he can't hurt me." Turner laughed a little.

"I didn't mean him, Turner. I meant that once you go beyond this point, there's no going back. Are you ready for that?"

"Yes, yes I am," Turner replied, his facial expression going cold.

"Carry on then," I said simply and we continued on our way to the cells.

Not too long after we reached the door to the cells that held Sparrow, I grabbed the handle and opened the door, but was stopped soon by Will.

"I'll go down and talk to him, you two keep watch," Will instructed.

"Why should I?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because I asked you to of course," Will replied.

"It sounded more like you told rather than asked." I corrected, "I don't do well with being told."

"Really?" Will asked with a cheeky smile, "You seem to have no problem with it when it comes to the Commodore."

I felt my entire body tense up, my cheeks became flushed, and I froze in place.

"Kyra, what's he talking about?" Leon asked.

"Yeah Kyra, what am I talking about?" Will teased.

"The longer we stand here the longer your princess is stuck on a ship surrounded by lustful pirates," I said, narrowing my eyes.

Will glared slightly but quickly headed down towards Jack. I shut the door quietly behind Will and leaned up against it.

"Care to tell me what he was talking about?"

"Ignore him, Leon." I said.

"Kyra, do not avoid this." Leon protested, "It isn't no secret that you fancy the Commodore."

"I do not 'fancy' the Commodore, don't be absurd Leon." I argued.

Leon stared in disbelief, "You forget I'm your best friend. I know when you lie."

I didn't reply, I just returned his stare before looking beyond us. This was not a conversation I wanted to have at this very moment.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Will's POV

I quickly walked down the stairs leading to where I had hoped Jack would still be held. I was proven right as I hit the end of the stairs and entered into the main holding room where Jack stood in his cell. Once he seen me he jumped away from the bars and landed on his back. He had been trying to unlock the doors with a bone before I had arrived.

"Are you familiar with that ship? The Black Pearl?" I asked, getting straight to business.

"I've heard of it." He replied as he stayed laid on his back on the ground of his cell.

"Where does it make berth?" I asked.

"Where does it make berth? Have you not heard the stories?" He asked, "Captain Barbossa and his crew of miscreants sail from the dreaded Isla de Muerta, It's an island that cannot be found except by those who know where it is."

"The ship's real enough. Its anchorage must be a real place. Where is it?" I asked, my patience slightly thinning.

"Why ask me?"

"Because you're a pirate." I simply said.

"And you want to turn into a pirate yourself, is that it?" Jack asked.

"Never." I replied, silence filled the room as Jack gave me a confused look.

"They took Miss Swann." I finally admitted.

"Oh, so it is that you found a girl." Jack said slyly, " I see. Well if you're intending to brave all, hasten to her rescue, and so win fair lady's heart, you'll have to do it alone, mate. I see no profit in it for me"

"I can get you out of here." I proposed.

"How's that, the key's run off." Jack quipped.

"I helped build the cells." I replied, "These are half-pin barrel hinges."

I walked to the closest, heaviest thing in the room and positioned it in the right spot in front of Sparrow's cell.

"With the right leverage and the proper application of strength, " I began to explain, "The door will lift free."

"What's your name?" Jack asked curiously.

"Will Turner." I replied, a tad bit skeptical, but I shook that feeling off.

"That would be short for William, I imagine." Jack said, " Good, strong name. No doubt named for your father."

"Yes." I replied, confused as to where he was going with this.

"Well, Mr. Turner, I've changed me mind." Jack said with a sly smile, " If you spring me form this cell, I swear on pain and death I shall take you to the Black Pearl, and your bonny lass."

"Do we have an accord?" He asked.

"Agreed."

"Agreed, now get me out." He instructed.

I used the object to lift the door up so that he could escape.

"Hurry," I said, "Someone will have heard that."

"Not without my effects." Jack protested before he grabbed his belongings and we headed up the stairs.

"Subtle are we?" Kyra quipped once we exited the jail completely.

"That loud were we?" I asked with a smile.

"Aye." She replied.

"Well, well, well, look who's back." Jack chuckled, "Has the Commodore sent you here for safety once more?"

"Oh Sparrow, your insults are as dull as ever." Kyra rebuttled with a smirk.

"Almost as dull as you." Sparrow replied.

"I still never understood it." Kyra said, her eyes narrowed as she glared at Jack.

"Pardon?" Jack asked.

"I never understood how Ace could stand your primitive intelligence." Kyra spat.

I watched as Jack's face changed for a split second, but only for a second.

"I guess we'll never know." Jack said, his voice low. He looked as if he had dazed out, as if he was looking into space in deep thought.

"Alright, that's enough bickering. We must get back on task, now." I demanded.

Jack and Kyra exchanged looks before they both nodded. Leon sighed and rolled his eyes at the two.

"We'll see how long that lasts." Leon laughed as we all started back towards the ports.

Our only way out was by ship, we just needed to get one.