20 - "you won my heart Nat"

chapter 20
_________________________

"I'm sorry, you're what?" Natasha asked in confusion.

"I'm in love Nat." Steve sighed heavily.

"With who?" Natasha asked, a question that is of course couldn't be answered honestly by Steve.

"With you." Steve said to himself.

"Is it the nurse?" Natasha asked again.

"No, it's not her." Steve resisted.

"Does she happen to be the woman you have met for these past five years? Or is it a he?" Natasha asked in curiosity.

"It's a she. And yeah I guess I met her for these past five years" Steve answered.

"If you're in love, then why are you so sad about it?" Natasha asked as she let go of his hand.

"Maybe because it had been messing with my mind a lot and sometimes the bad thoughts really makes me sad." Steve answered.

"What were the bad thoughts?" Natasha asked again.

"That we aren't meant to be together." Steve answered with a broken smile.

"Why?" Natasha asked in confusion.

"Because I know I will be rejected." Steve smiled faintly.

"So you're saying that there is someone in this world that will reject Captain America's love?" Natasha asked with both eyebrows up.

"Well yeah, I mean you will reject me right?" Steve asked.

"Yeah but I'm different." Natasha said with an eyebrow up.

"And the woman happens to be you." Steve said to himself.

"Besides, you wouldn't have feelings for me." She added with a small laugh.

"Yeah right." Steve replied quietly.

"Hey just because I will be rejecting you, it doesn't mean she will too." Natasha said trying to comfort him.

"If only you knew Nat." Steve said to himself. "I don't need anymore answers." Steve smiled faintly.

"It's never wrong to try Steve." Natasha said.

"You don't understand Nat, it's a bit complicated." Steve said.

"Then tell me what made it complicated." Natasha insisted. "Perhaps I can help you out." She added with a nod.

"I can't tell you the complicated stuffs." Steve sighed.

"You can trust me Steve." Natasha said.

"I trusted you Nat, I always do but it's not about that now." Steve said. "I'm not telling because I had my own reasons." He added.

Natasha was about to talk but Steve cut her off. "I'm okay with it. Besides I'm happy with our condition now that everyone is back and the HQ is not empty anymore, it's a really good feeling." Steve said.