48 - feel the tingle

chapter 48
_________________________

"I'm just going to burden Steve." Natasha sighed. "Because I know I'm not okay." She added sadly.

"Don't think like that Nat." Wanda finally decided to say.

"I'm just being realistic."
"I'm already in enough pain."
"I have no intention of adding more pain into my life. And what's more is, I don't want my relationship with Steve to be ruined." Natasha explains to Wanda.

"But what if Steve loves you?" Wanda asked. "You know he cared about you. He won't let you down, he'll be there for you." Wanda added.

"Then what about how the world sees us? Like I said Wanda, it's like the light and the darkness." Natasha said.

"Light is always accompanied by darkness because without darkness, light will have no meaning." Wanda said with encouragement. "But that doesn't mean I agree to see you guys that way."

"Besides, Steve wouldn't care about anyone's opinion." Wanda said. "Perhaps because he only cares about you." Wanda added with a wink.

"Then what about the child problem? What if he can't take it and I already love him? Then he left me, that must've be painful for me right?" Natasha said, again with her negative thoughts.

"He will never leave you Natasha." Wanda said emphasizing her words with the air quotations.
"I'm sure he will understand." Wanda added.

"Wanda please don't say it as if he really loves me." Natasha said in amusement.

"But he does." Wanda said to herself. "Dang it, I can't say it yet." Wanda said again to herself.
"But we won't know if we haven't try right?" Wanda said unsure.

"What if we ended up only hurting each other?" Natasha asked.

"Better than nothing." Wanda shrugged her shoulders.

"Seriously." Natasha rolled her eyes in annoyance. How dare Wanda jokes when she is being serious.

"I'll punch him! If he dare to hurt you in any ways!" Wanda said with spirit and Natasha laughed.

"What if I was the one who hurt him?" Natasha asked sadly.

"Believe me, it will work out as long as you guys communicate." Wanda said encouraging her. "Just like what you both always do." Wanda smiled

"Okay..." Natasha said silently.

"Natasha.. are you.." Wanda said as Natasha looked at her eyes. "Are you starting to fall for him?" Wanda asked unsure but happy.

"I am not sure." Natasha answered with earned a frown from Wanda.

"Huh, big denial." Wanda said.
"If you don't have feelings for him, how can you care so much about his feelings?" Wanda stated firmly.

"Because he's my friend?" Natasha answered unsure.

"Really." Wanda rolled her eyes in disbelief.
"Let's just say it." Wanda took a deep breath.
"You suck about love." Wanda finally decided to say as we all know from the way Steve looked at Natasha, we can see that he is in love with her but Ms. Romanoff here is just clueless and unable to see it and now, she didn't even realize that she was falling for him.