Chapter 28: New Flames

EMBER HQ:

I knocked on Josh's office door waiting for a response. It took a while for him but eventually he did open the door.

"Hm? Oh Emerson good. I'm glad you came." Josh smiled.

"Yeah I have them here." I said as I walked in.

He locked the door but I really wasn't scared cause if he had something planned up his sleeve I'm sure I could just easily rip off the door bolt.

"Alright well we have to keep this a private session, I don't want anyone hearing us." Josh sat down.

"Private session? What are you talking about!? I'm not gay!" I exclaimed.

"No no no not that, that is not what I meant." Josh explained.

"I want to make sure nobody gets any funny ideas from this, now hand them over and I will give you the documents to make you head leader."

"FIRST." I started "Why did you send Jack to attack me for my ability?"

"To test you, I wanted to make sure you are the real deal for this job. You see ignoring the fact that Jack was significantly weaker than you. He is one of the few that cannot be drained from your powers." Josh stated. "If you had lost I would have at least gotten your ability." 

"Huh I see." 

Jackass.

"Alright well hand them over." 

"Not until I see the documents, just for good measure." I demanded.

"Oh right, sure." He got up and opened a drawer and pulled them out, they looked a bit old so that must of mean that he's be trying to find a replacement for his position for a while. "Here, read them and hand the abilities to me."

I picked up the papers, they seemed legit. Luckily I had did some law study as a side study and this seemed to be proper paperwork.

"Alright, I'm glad to see this isn't at least a scam." I said.

"Yup."

'Alright, I'm gonna sign this and hand them to you."

I picked up the pen and signed, Josh's signature was already there so I was good to go.

"OK here, you can have them now." I placed the small jars of abilities on the table and pushed them to him.

He took them and placed in a small bag. He got up and pulled out his hand "Good doing business with you."

I shook his hand and Josh packed up his stuff and left the office he finally said "I just want to say, thank you. I hope you make EMBER better than I left off!"

"I will." 

He left completely and now I was the new head of EMBER, but there was one problem. Since Josh had fired everyone of the lead position of each category and took over all of them HIMSELF, that means that I took all those jobs now!

Ah shit I'm like the lead of EVERYTHING! OK um um maybe we can start to work this out I'm sure I could handle it.

 I already knew what I was going to do FIRST, I'm gonna find the archive of Seraphina's ability and I'm gonna return it to her.