chapter thirteen

It has been three years since we saw Death and at this point I have to ask myself if I am doing the right thing by staying with Flin. I heard that Death changed her identity, her name is Hiena Cross now. I am glad that she is doing alright and that she may be starting her new life. At this point, I wonder if she even remembers me at all and what she asked me, she made me a promise too. I wouldn’t blame her if she forgot about me and everything. I have learned how to control the Dragons Curse but I still lost control at times. I have only lost control at night when I am about to go to sleep and when I feel any physical pain. I know cuse when Flin fires shoots me in the leg or arm with an arrow, I turn into a dragon every time. There are some times that I was in control but not all the time.

Ash stood up in a small prairie field filled with large grass that went up to their knees and some small flowers that were as tall as their ankles. Ash looked at Flin that was standing across from her with a bow and arrow in his hands, he aimed at her as if he was going to shoot her in the leg. The tightening sound of the string filled the area that they were in as he pulled the bow back tightly and aimed. There was silence in the air as the wind blew through the trees, bushes and the long blades of grass surrounding the area that they were standing in. For a moment, Ash shivered at the thought of being hit with an arrow for the eighth time in a row after being healed with a healing spell.

“Ok, let's try this once more Ash.” Flin said in a stern voice.

Ash quickly nodded her head yes as she stood still in silence as she waited for the arrow to hit her. Flin drew in a deep breath to get a more even shot and not hit anything that could kill Ash.

“Is this really necessary, Flin, I mean do you really have to hit me with an arrow?” Ash asked nervously. 

Flin didn’t reply, instead he released the arrow and in an instant, the arrow released. The arrow flew through the air in an instant like a bullet and piercing Ash’s leg. Ash screamed in pain as she fell onto one knee in a kneeling passion, blood poured out of her leg as she broke the end of the arrow off. She then pulled the arrow out of her leg toward the direction it entered through her leg, blood splattered to the ground as she pulled the arrow out of her leg quickly. Ash screamed once more in pain as the arrow slid out like it was a perfect hole that the arrow went through. There was a burning sensation filled her like she was on fire, Flin stood still in silence as he watched her carefully. The blood in her vanes rushed through her faster then they should be and there was a pounding headache that filled her head.

“Ash… Are you alright?” asked Flin cashesly and in a concerned voice.

For the longest moment there was silence, Ash asked through gritted teeth and pain, “Nope… I got shot by an arrow, how am I supposed to be right now?”

“Should I stay where I am right now?” asked Flin.

Ash said “Yes, I have a bad headache and I feel like my whole body is on fire right now, not to mention I had an arrow go through my leg for the right time.”

Flin said “You got this Ash and yes it is necessary to shoot you with an arrow for the eight or ninth time in a row. I am here for you Ash.”

Ash breathed deeply as the blood in her veins slowed down to a normal pace and the feeling of being on fire disappeared slowly. After a few moments, her headache slowly disappeared in an instant. Ash then got up from the ground and looked at Flin with a smile as she watched him nod his head yes. Flin then walked over towards Ash and gave her a big hug for a second. 

Once he released her from his embrace, he said with a proud smile, “I am proud of you Ash, I am sorry for shooting you with an arrow but it is a better way to get a reaction.”