chapter fifty two

For some reason, I have been having a hard time keeping control of myself. It feels like the more days that go by the more I lose control for a longer time. I hope Jaff is doing alright and I hope he won’t follow me. Let's just hope that I can hold on until I get to Dragon's Breath town. They might be able to tell me about what is happening to me.

Ash slowly flew over the mountain ranges, trees passed by in an instant as she fapped her wings like a bird. The wind blew against her face and wide spread wings as she got lower to the ground so she could see the village. She landed on the ground with ease as a young man that came out of the village to meet her. He was a large, bough man and stocky with brown hair, his was pail white as snow. The man wore a brown leather coat with. 

Once Ash landed on the ground and folded her wings in, the man asked “I assume you are Ash are you not?”

Ash quickly nodded her head yes through ragged breath as she laid down on the ground in exhaustion and in pain as her whole body felt as if it was burning. 

The man seemed to sense this and said as he started to walk into the dense woods that surrounded them, “Follow me please.”

Ash quickly got up in pain from the ground and followed him closely, the sound of trees snapping could be heard for miles as Ash stepped on fallen trees while the man walked swiftly through the woods. She slowly noticed that the man hardly made a sound as he walked on the freshly fallen leaves that crunched under her feet, it was as if he was a wandering ghost. A few minutes later, they reached a small lake with what looked to be clear water filled with fish that swam happily near the bottom of the lake and their scale glistened in the sunlight. There was a small bolder that sat a few inches from the pond.The man walked over to the boulder instantly and sat down against the boulder while still looking at Ash. Ash quickly laid down as thirst filled her throat, she slowly looked at the lake with thirst and the man seemed to notice that Ash was thirsty.

He quickly said blankly, “You seem thirsty, go on a head and drink from the lake.”

Ash asked, “Are you sure?”

The man nodded his head yes as Ash started to drink some water from the lake until she filled her thirst, she instantly noticed that the lake tasted like pure and clean water.

The man asked with a slight smile, “Now that you got some water let me ask you this, Why have you come to see me Ash?” Ash looked at the man with a surprised look on her face and he quickly continued, “It isn’t that I don’t like your company or anything, I really do like your company. I know there is a reason you came to see me, is it because you wanted me to read your future or something else?”

Ash sighed as she said in a defeated voice, “You know me too well Sin, yes I want to know my future and there is something else that I want to know.”

Sin quickly pulled out a deck of cards from one of his pockets, she stared intently as Sin shuffled the deck and handed them over to Ash.

“I need you to shuffle the deck like we did with our first session in town when I was traveling.” Sin said as he watched Ash start to shuffle the deck quickly.

Once Ash finished shuffling the deck she looked at Sin as he said blankly, “You know what to do Ash, pull five cards from the deck without looking at them and hand the cards over to me.”

Ash slowly pulled out five cards from the deck without looking at them and handed them over to Sin as she set the deck down onto the ground. Sin slowly took the cards from Ash’s hand and placed them onto the boulder as he formed a cross shape with the cards on a flat surface. He quickly flipped the bottom card, Ash watched as he revealed the card to see some sort of creature wearing clothes. Its skin was jet black and was holding a baby by its feet in one of the creatchers four hands.

Sin sighed as he said “You got the upside down plague card.”

Ash asked in with a concerned look, “What does that card mean?”

Sin replied slowly, “This card means that you will go through a long, hard trial that will test you. Your test may have already started long ago.”

He slowly flipped the card on the left over to see an old man dressed in ragged robes, the man held a saff with a cristole on it as he pointed his index finger at a young man in what looked to be a dress with his free hand. 

“The accused? Is that bad?” Ash asked in a concerned voice. 

Sin said in a low voice, “Well, it's not great Ash. It is right side up so that means that you will be lost in something dangerous for a while.”

Ash felt like she was going to pass out but she quickly cept calm and watched as he flipped the card on the right. The card showed a tower with clouds hovering in the sky and lightning striking in every corner of the card. 

Sin said in a defeated voice, “This is the death card, his card means that there will be a tragic death that will occur and it may be someone close to you.”

Ash quickly sighed as she said, “I think that is all I need  to know.”

Sin asked with concern, “Are you sure you don't want to see the rest of the cards?”

Ash quickly said as she started to fly away, “I am sure, thanks Sin.”