000. the prologue

STARS
000. the prologue

 the prologue

————✧⋆✧————

GLENN RHEE AND Daryl Dixon we're on a run, just for some necessary supplies for the prison; soap, canned foods, bandages, medicine — all the usual things. They never see anything too unusual when they're out, the odd walkers and dead bodies here and there. So far it's a usual supply run, nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever.

  Glenn however slams on the brakes when he is driving slowly past a small clearing in the thick woods. Daryl almost flies out of his seat where he is sharpening arrows for his signature crossbow and Glenn squints to peer into the dark woods that are dimmed by the great trees.

    "The hell you doin'?" Daryl asks incredulously as Glenn slowly gets out of the car before quickly grabbing his machete. "Glenn! Just some damn walkers!"

    It's true, Glenn appears to be hurrying towards a random cluster of walkers yet when Daryl gets a closer look he sees the glint of metal as somebody in the middle of the chaos is killing walkers that are hungrily stumbling towards her, their jaws snapping ferociously.

    "There's a girl!" Glenn calls as he runs to take out a few of the walkers on the left side. "She looks hurt. Daryl we have to help her." The red neck gives him an unsure look. "Come on, that's still who we are. It has to be."

    Daryl reluctantly begins firing his arrows at the walkers, some of the monsters having their short attention spans redirected towards the girl's knights in shining armour.

Daryl grunts as he takes the arrow from the dead walker's skull, joining Glenn in taking out the walkers around the girl that's fending off the ones closest to her, barely even realising that they're helping as she kills one in front of her before dropping her machete in exhaustion.

Glenn hurriedly runs behind her as her eyes roll back, catching her swiftly and Daryl takes out the rest of the walkers. Glenn crouches on the forest floor with the girl in his arms, looking up at Daryl worrisomely and Daryl lifts the girl.

"Hershel has to take a look at her." Glenn rambles as they place her on the backseats of the car, Glenn sitting with her, resting her head in his lap as Daryl presses his foot down and speeds off down the long road back towards the prison that they've learned to call home.

"We ain't know nothin' about this girl." Daryl states and Glenn looks at him incredulously. "We don't know what she's capable of."

"She looks like she can handle herself." Glenn sighs, running a hand over his face that's coated in a thin layer of sweat from the intense heat of the sun above them. "Come on, she's just a kid, she's not going to do anything. Lets just get her to Hershel, alright?"

They pull up to the gates of the prison and Carl and Rick open the gates, closing them again quickly before any walkers can wander onto the grounds.

"Anything good?" Rick asks with a smile as Daryl hurriedly clambers out of the car. He sighs, opening the door for Glenn who is carrying a girl in his arms making Rick's eyes rows raise significantly.

"She's barely breathing, where's Hershel?" Glenn says in a rush and Carl frowns, seeing the blood on the girl's face and arms and instantly thinking that she might cause problems. "Rick! Where is he?"

"Uh—the cell block." Rick says and Glenn nods, rushing inside with Daryl right behind him and he lays the girl on the table in the cell block as Hershel hobbled out with Beth and Judith.

"What's this?" Hershel asks.

"She needs help." Glenn says desperately and Hershel nods his head, calling over Dr. S also. "Can you help her?"

"We can try, son." Hershel sighs, looking over the girl. "Beth, see there. Lift her shirt there."

Beth nods, handing Judith to Carl who takes his sister and wanders into his cell. Beth carefully lifts her tank top to just below her bra and they all grimace slightly, seeing a cluster of nasty bruises on her ribs and stomach, as well as a gash on her side, just below her rib cage.

"Oh shit."

———✧———

——————

grace speaks!
hey my loves! this was a really short and brief prologue just to give some sort of context to how she ends up at the prison :))
im so excited to be writing this story and I have so much planned
thank you so much for giving this story a go, love you all 🫶🏼