040. what's right

STARS
40. what's right

 what's right

————✧⋆✧————

hour one

         SOFIA SIGHS AS Rosita finishes changing the gauze on her shoulder, wanting more than anything to be preparing to head out with Rick and the others to take on the saviours. Sofia wanders out of the house and up to Rick who smiles at her, noticing the fresh gauze underneath the strap of her khaki tank top.

"We could use you out there." Rick sighs and Sofia chews on the inside of her cheek. "But, you need to heal. I need you to be strong, today won't be the end. It isn't possible for it to be that way. But...this is how." Rick nods. "Come here." Rick pulls her into a fatherly embrace and she sniffles slightly as tears well in her eyes.

"Rick." She says hoarsely. "Do it for Glenn."

Rick nods, "I will."

Sofia smiles at him before walking away to join Rosita on the porch of their home as they watch the trucks and cars leave Alexandria, wanting so desperately to be out there helping their people.

hour three

Judith giggles as Sofia walks alongside her down the empty streets of Alexandria, their hands clasped together and Judith swinging them exaggeratedly as they walk towards Michonne who gasps and Judith smiles, running quickly towards her mother.

"Oh, hi." Michonne laughs as Judith runs into her arms. "Have you been good?"

Judith nods with a cheeky smile and Sofia smiles softly, "she ate all my cereal." She rolls her eyes and Judith giggles. "Have you seen Carl?"

"He said he wanted to go for a walk to clear his head."

hour four

Sofia hurries through the woods, searching desperately for her boyfriend when she hears the familiar growls of walkers.

"Just go! You don't have to do this!" An unfamiliar male voice says and Sofia spots Carl who is wrestled to the ground by a walker.

Sofia hurries towards him, taking out her knife and stabbing the walker on top of her boyfriend before noticing the walker on the ground crawling towards him and Sofia swiftly kicks the walker off of him before it can latch its teeth onto his torso and shoots down through its head.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Sofia snaps at Carl who moves onto his knees and grabs her outstretched hand to pull himself to his feet.

"Sofia, this is Siddiq." Carl introduces them and Sofia glances at the Asian man with a small frown. "I met him at a gas station with my Dad. My Dad didn't want to help him, but I do." Sofia looks at Carl for a moment before nodding, trusting Carl's judgement.