044. new beginnings

STARS
044. new beginnings

 new beginnings

————✧⋆✧————

                     THEY HAD BEGUN building up Alexandria again, repairing what they lost, everything was going so smoothly it almost seemed too good to be true after everything they'd been through. It's almost like they're just waiting for something else to go wrong, because that bad luck has been all they've known for a while, they're waiting for a new enemy to arise and for more of them to die. But Negan is rotting in the cell that Morgan built in Alexandria, and he can't hurt them anymore.

      Most of the saviours have settled into their new way of life well, making new friends and being civil with the other communities as they all help each other build up their homes. Some of them took a little bit more getting used to the new world than others, but they're trying. Yet, some of them don't want this. Sofia can see that. Some of them want Negan's way, but his way of doing things is done. They can either accept that, leave or die.

      It's been a few months now and they're out on a run, a special run to a museum where they'll be bringing back supplies that were used throughout history to survive. Sofia is sat on her black horse's saddle, her hands gently gripping the reins and she wears a black tank top with some khaki cargo pants and a khaki cap on her head, her hair pulled back into a loose ponytail.

      It's getting warmer and summer is approaching quickly, Sofia is all healed from their battles with the saviours, left with new scars ranging in size on various parts of her body. Like the rest of them, she hasn't yet recovered mentally from the fight for their future, yet she's taking Carl's advice and moving through it all day by day.

      Carl rides his brown horse beside her, his long brown hair also pulled back into a loose ponytail at the back of his head and his scarred eye now covered by a brown leather eye patch rather than his usual bandages. His father's old sheriff's hat still sits on his head and he wears a grey tee and some dark blue jeans, a few new leather bands around his wrist that Sofia had made him and his rifle slung over his shoulder.

      They ride side by side towards the museum, also accompanied by a rather large group including Rick, Michonne, Maggie, Daryl, Ezekiel, Tara, Carol, Gabriel, Jadis, Enid, Lila, Siddiq and Cindy, along with Alden, Ken and Marco.

       The group reach the entrance of the museum and Sofia swings her leg over her horse  — Polly — and pats her neck softly in praise as she ties up her reins outside. They all crowd around the doors whilst Rick gently knocks on the doors as he and Michonne peer inside

     "We're good for now." Rick confirms. "Sweep protocol when we get in."

      He opens the doors and they enter the building, Sofia clutches her machete in her right and as she and Carl walk side by side, cautiously through a bunch of sleeping bags and empty cans of food. Sofia sighs when she sees a children's book on the ground and she crouches down to pick it up, smiling slightly and shoving it into her backpack, she'll give it to Maggie as a gift for Hershel.